The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   There's something Undertoad wants to tell you (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29097)

Undertoad 06-06-2013 08:55 AM

There's something Undertoad wants to tell you

My ass hurt. It was too fat and heavy and it pressed down all the padding on my cheap office chair, until I was basically sitting on metal. For a whole two weeks my ass was sore. J bought me a new ass pad and, after a week of sitting on that, my ass has mostly recovered.

Undertoad 06-06-2013 08:55 AM

Solving my CSS layout problem was a bitch and I could have done it in 10 minutes using tables. I'm thinking the world switched because it does not want web design to be easy to hand-code.

Perry Winkle 06-06-2013 09:37 AM

Amen, brutha. Fuck CSS.

Spexxvet 06-06-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 867230)
Solving my CSS layout problem was a bitch and I could have done it in 10 minutes using tables. I'm thinking the world switched because it does not want web design to be easy to hand-code.

Caboose Squashing Syndrome?

jimhelm 06-06-2013 11:19 AM

Jackie has your back.

Side

Perry Winkle 06-06-2013 11:20 AM

More like Completely Suspect Semantics.

mystic 06-06-2013 02:05 PM

Ha! UT ass problems won't leave so soon. Like myself.....so persistent :D

infinite monkey 06-06-2013 02:11 PM

hiya, merc!

sexobon 06-07-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 867229)
My ass hurt. ...

Sorry ass.

Undertoad 06-08-2013 02:25 PM

I am leaving place names, brand names and road names in this post. I think it will be better with them.

So I went to the pawn shop this morning

I forgot to get coffee at my usual Wawa stop, which is because I didn't have any coffee in my body yet.

But I had an extra 10 minutes, so at the end of 422, I turned right onto Swedesford and swung around to the new King of Prussia Wegman's. they have coffee as good as Wawa and it's almost as fast. Got in and out and straight onto the highway. The Wegman's is well-positioned for that move.

Partway down the Schuylkill I hadda hit the brakes hard, and a quarter of the full cup of coffee drained into the shifter boot. I had a towel in the back, and did as much triage as I could while driving, but I expect the Cellar Car will smell like coffee for a while. Which is probably a good thing...

And then I saw the electronic sign: accident at Belmont, only right lane getting through.

The traffic finally slowed two miles ahead of the Gladwyne exit. When I got to that exit 15 minutes later, cops were directing half the traffic off the exit.

That would put highway traffic into ritzy Main Line rich people housing... and the two are incompatible. But when I tried to avoid leaving the highway, the cop looked at me and shook his head. You know that kind of shake from a cop. You don't ignore it.

So I drove through the rich people area, and turned on the road to get me back to the Belmont exit. I didn't know whether the accident was before Belmont, or after... so I briefly tried to get Google Maps traffic info, but couldn't get any data signal in the rich people area. WTF rich people!

Now I wind up driving through Roxborough, on Ridge, to get back to someplace I can find the Roosevelt Boulevard entrance. But signs for it throw me across the river and back onto the Schuylkill AGAIN, because you can only get onto the Boulevard via the Schuylkill!

Now the exit for the Boulevard is all the way across the highway, and oncoming cars force me to avoid it, and drive to the NEXT Schuylkill exit where I can get off, make a U-turn and get right back on.

The rest of the trip was uneventful until I was passed by a funeral procession on Broad Street and stayed with the hearse for a while, for entertainment purposes. Hey look there goes a dead guy. But he's the lucky one... he's getting driven to his destination.

Griff 06-08-2013 04:24 PM

Hmmm... nice to be chauffeured for once.

BigV 06-10-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 867542)
Hmmm... nice to be chauffeured for once.

and serenaded.

toranokaze 06-12-2013 11:17 PM

Am I the only one that like CSS?

Undertoad 06-13-2013 12:57 AM

If you learned it that way, you like it that way. If not, you ask why so many designs include empty divs as wrappers. Why it takes twice as many lines of code to accomplish a design as it did ten years ago. Why browser incompatibilities got even more complicated.

Undertoad 06-15-2013 07:14 PM

On a whim J and I went to a beach today

I have not just sat on a beach for a very very long time

It was not too terrible.