The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Whatcha doing with your isolation? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34972)

Griff 03-16-2020 03:43 PM

Whatcha doing with your isolation?

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to do a mess of training tomorrow but today...

monster 03-16-2020 04:12 PM

Apparently I am spending it ranting :D :

I was planning to and trying to do job applications but fell at the first hurdle because I can't get the stupid PDF to save once completed so I decided just to do a hard copy and then my printer broke. And I just spent a tone of $$ on ink. So now I'm being beyond pretty goddamn miserable :(

I did clear another elephant out of another room though. Same source as the last one, although this was a comparative baby. But my printer and unemployment woes are overshadowing any joy from that right now. Going to go for a walk to see if that helps, and double that with disposing of the last limb of the baby elephant. (dropping unused meds off for safe disposal)

I hate technology and its current inbuilt obsolescence. Have some fucking balls HP and stand by your products, even if they are a couple years old. printers should not expire.

oops sorry. now I guess I'm smiling a little at least after editing to add the first sentence :)

Griff 03-16-2020 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1048602)
Apparently I am spending it ranting :D :

There's our girl!

Clodfobble 03-16-2020 05:15 PM

I'm used to spending 8 hours a day alone in my house. I like it. I am accomplishing very little with all these interlopers. :(

monster 03-16-2020 05:45 PM

I also just walked around my neighborhood and picked up trash. And got stabbed to bleeding point through my gloves by a vicious buckthorn as I ventured into the nature area to extract a particularly obnoxious piece of plastic packaging. No good deed goes unpunished :rolleyes:

xoxoxoBruce 03-17-2020 12:02 AM

Ranting is good, it's a healthy safety valve, and doing in the Cellar maintains more than an arm's length. Win, win. :cool:

Griff 03-17-2020 06:32 AM

We can get together for a St Paddy's Day concert.

http://www.dropkickmurphys.com/home/

Livestreaming at 7 pm

glatt 03-17-2020 08:26 AM

This house is small when four people are wandering around in it 24/7. Camping was good over the weekend. Really helped mental health, but all this being cooped up together, we have to be mindful of being kind to one another.

fargon 03-17-2020 05:10 PM

Today I'm smoking a corned beef brisket. Yay!

lumberjim 03-17-2020 06:13 PM

we're open, so I'm at work. me and about 20 other people watching tumbleweed blow through the showroom. This is getting scary.

I went to Total Wine and loaded up just in case they close that. Tomorrow morning, I'll hit Wegmans and get some foods. Then Home Despot to get the last pieces of molding I need to finish the hall project. Once that's done, I need to paint it. And then there's yard work...

I don't expect our store to close, but we might as well be if it's going to be like this.

Gravdigr 03-17-2020 09:10 PM

All the bars are closed. Restaurants are closed. Ain't no bread. Ain't no tp.

I ain't doing a goddamned thing with my isolation.

So I isolated myself at the river and got high as shit.

monster 03-17-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 1048676)
Today I'm smoking a corned beef brisket. Yay!

What kind of paper did you use to roll that? and did you add some herbs?

monster 03-17-2020 09:30 PM

today I may have "mended" the (fake) marble threshold tile thing (what is the name of that?) across the step up into the en-suite bathroom. It was always cracked in two places, but when I hurriedly hauled by suitcase in there for a last minute weight check as I left for Florida last month, I lifted two of the pieces clean off :( Today I cemented them back down and redid the surrounded grout, so it ain't perfect, but it's as good as it was. Will check if it's secure enough in the morning. And I ran 3 miles in a decent time.

And tried to fix my printer. Again. failed again. Beest fixed it before when this happened, but I don't know what he did and can't ask him. frustrating rather than sad, though, so maybe I'm making progress on that.... I do need a new printer most likely but I just bought and installed a new expensive on-brand cart so I'm fucked if I'll give up that easily... :D

And I tidied a small corned of clutter in my lair.

And I pruned the roses and a few other bits outside. took down some winter festive season lights.

pottering

failed on the job apps

limey 03-18-2020 11:32 AM

Working. One online provider of translation memory software has offered free temporary access to an online version of their software to assist more remote working. But most of us translators are isolated at home all the time anyway ...

fargon 03-18-2020 04:22 PM

Me: Today I'm smoking a corned beef brisket. Yay!
Monster: What kind of paper did you use to roll that? and did you add some herbs?
Not paper foil, with beef broth and a touch of Apple Cider Vinegar.
As far as seasoning, started with a slather of Wooster sauce and stupid yellow mustered. Then I applied a rub of pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. I used a store bought Hormel corned beef. Smoked for three hours with Oak, then wrapped in foil with beef broth to an internal temperature of 205F.
We had Reubens for dinner.