The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hey Diddle Didointer the Cat and the 8-Pointer (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35283)

monster 08-13-2020 07:02 PM

Hey Diddle Didointer the Cat and the 8-Pointer

1 Attachment(s)
The Stag jumped over the Mog
The monster laughed
And took a crap pic
And the cat just didn't give a shit.

Attachment 71206

xoxoxoBruce 08-13-2020 11:20 PM

Is that a phone pic? Not that bad for a quick shot, better than the Bigfoot pics.

monster 08-13-2020 11:26 PM

yes, phone. especially not bad 'cause I am really shit at taking pics. Always have been

monster 08-13-2020 11:27 PM

I was inside, but it didn't even run when I opened the door (gently)... it belted when there was a noise from a neighbor

Griff 08-14-2020 06:41 AM

Venison Bourguignon
AKA French Deer Stew.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time3 hrs 30 mins
Total Time4 hrs

Ingredients

3 tablespoons olive oil divided
8 ounces chopped bacon
3 pounds deer roast meat chopped into large 2-inch chunks
2 pounds carrots chopped into large chunks
2 onions roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic smashed
1 pound crimini mushrooms halved
1/2 cup brandy
750 mL dry red wine
2 cups venison stock or beef stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 bouquet garni a small fresh herb bouquet with thyme, rosemary and a bay leaf
4 tablespoons butter softened
1/4 cup flour
Salt and pepper
3 pounds baby golden potatoes

Instructions

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepot. Add the bacon and cook over medium heat until brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Next pat the venison chunks dry with a paper towel and salt and pepper to taste. Brown the deer meat on all sides. Then remove with a slotted spoon.
Add the onions, garlic, and carrots to the pot. Cook and stir for several minutes until the onions have softened, then add the mushrooms and cook another 5-10 minutes.
Add all meat back to the pot, followed by: brandy, wine, stock, and tomato paste. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper and stir well. Then add the bouquet garni and cover.
Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for approximately 3 hours until the venison is very tender.
In the last hour of simmering, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Place the mini potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper.
Roast for 35-45 minutes until tender, tossing once in the middle.
Once the venison is tender, mix half a stick of softened butter with 1/4 cup of flour. Use a fork to press into a paste.
Slowly stir the butter mixture into the stew until the desired thickness in reached—I like to add it all!
Salt and pepper to taste if needed.

Diaphone Jim 08-14-2020 11:13 AM

Drool!

monster 08-14-2020 10:36 PM

I don't see any cat in that ingredient list.... Are we making cat bacon? Demeter is a little chubby and part Maine Coon, so that could be a possibility, but I still kind of like her in the furry purry format :/