The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Dick Cheney (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21753)

richlevy 12-30-2009 07:59 PM

Dick Cheney

The name almost says it all. Apparently, Mr. Cheney is upset that Obama hasn't bombed anyone new since the last administration.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2...use-hits-back/

Cheney said the president wasn't serious enough about the war on terror. If he means the president didn't prove he was serious enough by invading another country and opening a third front, he was correct.

I think it was right to not ratchet this incident up the same way I think it was right to keep the shoe bomber incident low key. The fact is that 'lone wolf' individuals are always a risk. This is true of assassins and terrorists.

The administration has already turned it's eyes and ears towards Yemen and Somalia. We should never have taken our eyes off Yemen after the USS Cole was attacked in 2000.

IMO, Cheney is a backstabbing political hack. I don't recall a former VP back seat driving a following administration to this degree, especially to the point of attempting to kneecap a sitting president.

Dick should go back to his house, write his memoirs of being a 'wartime VP', and dust off and count his deferments from Vietnam.

TheMercenary 12-30-2009 08:04 PM

I personally would support a party where we rosted his ass over a very hot fire and served him as a meal to the poor of New Orleans.

richlevy 12-30-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 621793)
I personally would support a party where we rosted his ass over a very hot fire and served him as a meal to the poor of New Orleans.

Roasted Dick Cheney? Haven't those people suffered enough?:vomit:

TheMercenary 12-30-2009 08:19 PM

Not yet. We need to shoot him in the face. Then I will feel like all is fair. But this time let's finish the job. Ummmm ok?

richlevy 12-30-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 621806)
Not yet. We need to shoot him in the face. Then I will feel like all is fair. But this time let's finish the job. Ummmm ok?

I keep forgetting about the face shooting, which he promptly blamed on the victim. It really is more dangerous being Dick Cheney's friend than his enemy.

It's sort of pathetic watching his daughter try to spin his legacy. I think she's trying to be the less hot looking more radical American version of Alessandra Mussolini.

TheMercenary 12-30-2009 08:57 PM

I say we send Ole Dick on a good will mission to the most radical area of Pakistan.

By himself.

richlevy 12-31-2009 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 621837)
I say we send Ole Dick on a good will mission to the most radical area of Pakistan.

By himself.

Ole Dick will tell you himself. He's not worried about Pakistan, the real trouble is in Iraq. That's why he put %90+ of our resources there (and took %90+ of our casualties).

Bin Laden, Schmin Laden, aren't you glad we went to all this trouble to take down Saddam?

Shawnee123 12-31-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 621940)
Ole Dick will tell you himself. He's not worried about Pakistan, the real trouble is in Iraq. That's why he put %90+ of our resources there (and took %90+ of our casualties).

Bin Laden, Schmin Laden, aren't you glad we went to all this trouble to take down Saddam?

Ha, the old smoke and mirrors (wrings hands and laughs maniacally)

Spexxvet 12-31-2009 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 621789)
... I don't recall a former VP back seat driving a following administration to this degree, especially to the point of attempting to kneecap a sitting president.

It's the kind of behavior that repubicans used to label "unpatriotic".:right:

TheMercenary 12-31-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 621944)
It's the kind of behavior that repubicans used to label "unpatriotic".:right:

Yea, but now the Demoncrats are doing it.

Glinda 12-31-2009 12:54 PM

The change is Dickie is amazing. Remember how we never heard or saw him while he was pulling George's strings? When Dubya finally grew a brain and clipped those strings (roughly a month before they left office), Trickie Dickie suddenly had a lot to say, didn't he?

Get over yourself, Cheney. Your time is done. Today you are nothing more than an irrelevant pimple on the ass of America.

richlevy 12-31-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glinda (Post 622044)
The change is Dickie is amazing. Remember how we never heard or saw him while he was pulling George's strings? When Dubya finally grew a brain and clipped those strings (roughly a month before they left office), Trickie Dickie suddenly had a lot to say, didn't he?

Get over yourself, Cheney. Your time is done. Today you are nothing more than an irrelevant pimple on the ass of America.

But he is taking a page from Bush number 1 and grooming his daughter for the White House.

morethanpretty 01-02-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 622157)
But he is taking a page from Bush number 1 and grooming his daughter for the White House.

The gay one that is going to hell for choosing a life of sin?

I wouldn't be surprised if he took such a hypocritical path, I kinda expect it actually.

richlevy 01-02-2010 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 622738)
The gay one that is going to hell for choosing a life of sin?

I wouldn't be surprised if he took such a hypocritical path, I kinda expect it actually.

No, that's Mary. The daughter in politics is Elizabeth. Elizabeth Cheney is not openly gay. She has a husband and children.

morethanpretty 01-02-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 622773)
No, that's Mary. The daughter in politics is Elizabeth. Elizabeth Cheney is not openly gay. She has a husband and children.

:p