The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Obama has won the nomination (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16830)

Undertoad 03-16-2008 12:39 AM

Obama has won the nomination

Play with the Slate Delegate Calculator

http://www.slate.com/features/delegatecounter/

With the knowledge that Obama has polled to win North Carolina, and the FL and MI re-dos are unlikely. Maybe one not both.

She can't win without superdelegates

Ibby 03-16-2008 01:05 AM

obama's had the math for nearly a month. hillary simply can not win without, as the saying goes, obama being found in bed with a dead girl or a live boy. Obama knows it; he's more worried about McCain at this point. Hillary's gonna be the last person in the country to realize it, I'll bet.

lumberjim 03-16-2008 01:12 AM

vote Ron Paul

even though his minions totally crowded the restaurant we ate ate last weds and made it a crowded and terse sit down instead of a relaxing Din Din with the Fammmm. I didn't hate the Ron Paul party as I can imagine i would have had they been blue blazered pubs or sweater wearing crats. seemed like normal folks.

this could be the perfect storm for a 3rd party to sneak in. or it could be that i dont know what the fugg i speak of. im politically stunted, after all. i smoked all that pot in my developmental years, that i just cant muster a poop about it.

oh well, if it gets too bad, i guess i'll just move out to the country and eat a lot of peaches

smoothmoniker 03-16-2008 01:12 AM

How long, you think, before we start to hear about the "Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy" that prevented her from getting the nomination?

lookout123 03-16-2008 03:14 PM

no it is still the vast right wing conspiracy screwing her over. they made her seem shrill. and manipulative. and pro war when it was popular but steadfastly anti war when the polls shifted. and they kept telling people she was a clinton. they conspired to hand the nomination to obama.

obviously a vast right wing conspiracy smear campaign in action...wait, what? oh you mean those were the true things? damn, how did she stay in it this long?

xoxoxoBruce 03-16-2008 03:37 PM

So the general election will be the far left vs the far right.... and I'm stuck in the middle with you, and most of the voters.

Cicero 03-16-2008 04:14 PM

Just going to say what I've been saying all along...

There is no way the powers that be will ever let a woman get the presidential nomination in this country. No way, no day.....Maybe 200 more years from now...not sure.....Not any time soon. Heh. Not only that...she's blonde. Double trouble. She's an "aggressive female". No one likes that. It's funny to watch Martha get raked over the coals for the same thing. Watching Martha go to jail didn't leave the mark it was supposed to with "aggressive females" I guess........Looks like they are still trying to be powerful and live successful lives. It's an exercise in going everywhere but the absolute top.

Fail.

This is what a female president looks like. This is Corizon Aquino....Heh...Even a second world, catholic country trusts their women before this one.
http://encarta.msn.com/media_7015091...on_aquino.html

glatt 03-16-2008 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 439135)
the powers that be

You mean the voters?

Clodfobble 03-16-2008 04:31 PM

Including the women voters. They just hate her because she's a woman too.

jinx 03-16-2008 05:50 PM

"No one can clean house like a woman can!" - A Hillary supported I saw on TV :rolleyes:

lookout123 03-16-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Including the women voters. They just hate her because she's a woman too.
No they hate her because she is Hillary Clinton. Big difference.

classicman 03-16-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 439089)
She can't win without superdelegates

Thank goodness! Unfortunately, I'm left not really liking either candidate. She would not have changed this, but I am unhappy with the options......AGAIN.

classicman 03-16-2008 09:31 PM

I hate her for HER - nothing to do with her being a woman. I simply find her abrasive, annoying, belligerent and dishonest.

Radar 03-17-2008 12:30 AM

I don't "hate" Hillary, but I am certainly not a fan of hers for many of the same reasons. She comes off as a bitch. She keeps mentioning experience as though she's got a lot of it when she's been a Senator for 6 years. Does she think being married to a President makes her more qualified to be one or more experienced at being one?

She has a shady past with dirty and underhanded dealings where the witnesses all died mysteriously.

I don't think she's anymore qualified than Obama, I don't think she's as articulate, intelligent, classy, or witty as Obama. I don't think she belongs in politics at any level including the level she's already at let alone the office of President. She seems like an annoying shrew.

Also, she would have a harder time beating the Republicans than Obama.

glatt 03-17-2008 07:22 AM

Except for the "bitch" comment, I agree with everything Radar said. :eek: