The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   don't anchor under a bridge. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6496)

lookout123 08-09-2004 02:15 PM

don't anchor under a bridge.

this is absolutely disgusting. i've seen some pretty gross things in my life, but i can't think of too many more disgusting things to endure.

Oh, Sh*t!!!

the question is... can all cellarites account for their whereabouts at the time of the incident?

xoxoxoBruce 08-09-2004 03:18 PM

I can. No shit!
Damn, we lost our angel smilie. :)

Cyber Wolf 08-10-2004 06:26 AM

When those folks signed up for the Tour, I'm sure they weren't expecting a possible tour of the emergency unit of the local hospital too. I wonder how it would spill from a tourbus anyhow...granted, they have sewage tanks for the bathrooms but the tank would've had to rupture or leak, yes? And someone streetside might have noticed...I mean really, there's no way to NOT notice the smell...:turd:

jdbutler 08-10-2004 07:04 AM

Eat shit and die! :greenface

glatt 08-10-2004 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf
I wonder how it would spill from a tourbus anyhow...granted, they have sewage tanks for the bathrooms but the tank would've had to rupture or leak, yes? And someone streetside might have noticed...I mean really, there's no way to NOT notice the smell...:turd:

If it came from two tour busses, it wasn't an accident. One maybe, but not two. The busses were illegally dumping the raw sewage in the river to get around disposing of it proprerly and legally. It has probably been going on for quite some time and may be common practice for busses in the area.

My question is how are the busses doing it? I always assumed you needed to get outside the bus to empty the john. If they are doing it on the fly, they must have it rigged somehow from the driver's seat.

Undertoad 08-10-2004 08:07 AM

And how could it get over the edge of the bridge? I've never seen any bus taking a mid-trip leak like this. It's just weird.

Wait a minute, it could have been one of those metal mesh deals where you can see right through the bridge. I remember those being in Chicago.

Carbonated_Brains 08-10-2004 11:22 AM

"Drain Master is a fully automatic 12-volt-DC RV waste valve that eliminates the need to reach into awkward or hard-to-reach places to empty the holding tanks...and can be operated from more than one location."

Drain Master

--

This is an image of the kinzie street bridge.

It appears to be grating, as you said.

(For the drain master link, it's the last product on that page)

glatt 08-10-2004 11:32 AM

Good research job!

So the bus drivers flip a switch as they slow down and drive over the bridge. Bastards.

Carbonated_Brains 08-10-2004 11:36 AM

The good (and revolting) news is that the bridge grating probably filtered out any turds that would have otherwise have fallen onto the boat.

Cyber Wolf 08-10-2004 11:41 AM

And the subsequent traffic would promptly disintigrate them...

Carbonated_Brains 08-10-2004 11:58 AM

...thus cementing any kinks or holes! You're stumbled on something brilliant!

lookout123 08-10-2004 02:40 PM

i haven't verified the accuracy yet, but i heard on the radio that it was a dave matthews tour bus that jettisoned the flotsam.

*spla-ash, no i mean craaaaaaaash into me*

Undertoad 08-10-2004 03:56 PM

I think they took the Fark headline on this one as gospel. The story didn't say DMB.

Pi 08-14-2004 11:20 AM

Where's the photo of the boat and the people just coming out under the bridge? Come on folks, I know you can find one!

Cyber Wolf 08-25-2004 06:14 AM

Alrighty, more info on this:
Turns out it was a Dave Matthews Band bus that dumped up to 800 pounds of liquid dookie onto the river and the tour boat. I just heard that this morning from WTOP news. Gives the lyrics "don't drink the water" a special meaning, doesn't it?