The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What videogames are you playing (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29180)

richlevy 07-04-2013 07:33 AM

What videogames are you playing

I thought that I would add this to the listening to music, watching TV threads.

I just finished the PC version of Mass Effect II. On the one hand, this is years behind everyone who bought the game when it first came out. On the other hand, waiting a year allows me to get the game dirt cheap on Steam.

After the big ending, there is the opportunity to do a little exploring and clear up any loose ends. The one big problem with the game is that while there are many branches on the decision trees built in the program, there are no random encounters. So when every last pirate or rogue robot has been fought, at some point there is nothing left.

Staying did allow me to clear up a romantic thread. The game allows the user to romance one of three (or four) characters. Using the save function, I pulled a Captain Kirk and romanced all three:cool:. It very PG-13, but the voice for one of the characters is Yvonne Strahovski from Chuck, so who could resist?:D

The game did finally run out of new plots, so until I get ME3, I set the game on replay, which lets you run through everything again but with all the guns, ammo, and experience saved from the first pass. Fun.

Lamplighter 07-04-2013 07:51 AM

Mirror... a game that duplicates every posting to the Cellar

lumberjim 07-04-2013 10:19 AM

Madden Madden Madden

Perry Winkle 07-04-2013 10:57 AM

Eve Online and Minecraft are my two frequent plays these days. World of Tanks is kind of fun too, but I just don't have the energy to get deeply into it.

Clodfobble 07-04-2013 04:08 PM

My videogaming is all vicarious, these days. But Mr. Clod has been playing a lot of Gnomoria and Fallout 3 recently.

BigV 07-04-2013 05:30 PM

Clodfobble, why don't you tell us what games you(r voice talent) star(s) in? I'd play that one.

Perry Winkle 07-05-2013 07:26 AM

Tried out War Thunder yesterday. Free to play WW2 flying game (definitely not a sim).

It's pretty fun. It might really shine with a joystick, but I haven't owned one in years.

Happy Monkey 07-05-2013 09:02 AM

Just finished Skyrim: Dragonborn. I played Skyrim for over 380 hours.

Playing Quantum Conundrum. A puzzle game in the genre of Portal.

Next up: Bioshock: Infinite.

Clodfobble 07-05-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
Clodfobble, why don't you tell us what games you(r voice talent) star(s) in? I'd play that one.

Mostly it's educational software and internal corporate training programs. The only two major videogame releases I'm in are Quarterback Club 2002 (as on-the-field interviewer April Meyers,) and Turok: Evolution (as daredevil pterodactyl pilot Genn.)

be-bop 07-05-2013 05:33 PM

Just finished Crysis 1 & 2, now on Doom3 BFG.
I like FPS shooters.
I have Rage and Bulletstorm just sitting waiting **Bliss***

BigV 07-08-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 869420)
Mostly it's educational software and internal corporate training programs. The only two major videogame releases I'm in are Quarterback Club 2002 (as on-the-field interviewer April Meyers,) and Turok: Evolution (as daredevil pterodactyl pilot Genn.)

I'm still looking. The vintage game shop on The Ave in the U District didn't have a copy, but I'm haven't exhausted my options yet.

Clodfobble 07-08-2013 09:59 PM

Neither one of them was a massive success. In fact, Turok's failure was the final coffin nail for the company. It made a reasonable amount of money, but not nearly enough to cover its 50 million dollar budget. You could probably find them on eBay, though.

zippyt 07-14-2013 07:41 PM

I just snagged Armra 2 for Phlity and my self , any other Celler troopers interested ?? Steam has it and most of the expantion packs on sale for $14.
Look for Zippytwd

Gravdigr 07-15-2013 05:55 PM

Been piddling w/Sniper 2.

Meh.

wolf 07-15-2013 11:16 PM

Batman Arkham City, Batman Arkham Asylum, Epic Mickey 1&2, God of War 2&3 and Darksiders2