The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Any dwellars near Orlando? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27153)

richlevy 04-04-2012 09:07 PM

Any dwellars near Orlando?

We will be on vaca in Orlando this year. Is anyone down there or nearby?

classicman 04-04-2012 09:33 PM

radar, maybe... ;)

Stormieweather 04-05-2012 08:35 AM

Me. I'm in Clearwater.

But I'll be in Orlando for the weekend, June 8-10, with family in tow. We're taking a train up and staying at the Nickelodeon Resort, probably in the SpongeBob room :rolleyes:. Oh but it will be fun! All the swimming and kiddie stuff :).

Nick Hotel

When will you be in Orlando?

wolf 04-05-2012 06:12 PM

Make sure you read up on the Hidden Mickey concept ... gives you something to do when standing in lines and generally wandering around. Make sure you have some of the German Beer in Epcot ... teh awesome.

SteveDallas 04-20-2012 11:17 AM

It looks like we're taking a trip down to Orlando in July... we're going to try to make some side trips to Sea World, Universal, and Kennedy Space Center. It's turning out to be a bit more epic & complicated than we originally planned, but it's probably a once-in-a-lifetime proposition for us.

wolf 04-20-2012 12:33 PM

It will be even more epic and complicated that you have envisioned. Have a great time.

richlevy 04-22-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 805411)
Make sure you read up on the Hidden Mickey concept ... gives you something to do when standing in lines and generally wandering around. Make sure you have some of the German Beer in Epcot ... teh awesome.

We might end up doing Seaworld and Universal and not doing Disneyworld, although we might reconsider a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Our grandson is only 3, so he's not going on many of the attractions. Also, I remember the miles of walking when we took our kids there a decade ago. I also have a general philosophy that the #2 guys will try harder and be less crowded. Add to that the fact that my daughter-in-law loves Harry Potter.

My grandson loves animals, so Animal Kingdom might still be a go.

Dagney 04-22-2012 09:43 PM

We'll be there in May - and go frequently - Rich if you need help with anything - please let me know - I love to help folks discover Disney (and to a lesser extent, the other parks)

SteveDallas 04-23-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 807937)
We might end up doing Seaworld and Universal and not doing Disneyworld, although we might reconsider a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

I'm extremely meh. on Disney.

But I'm the only one in the family who's been (30-odd years ago), so the others are dying to. It looks like we're going to do an almost-2-week block, and have several days to do Sea World, Universal, and Kennedy Space Center, and then another several days to go to Disney proper.

glatt 04-23-2012 11:27 AM

It's looking like I've successfully avoided a family trip to Disney. I realize I've still got a couple more years before I can say the coast is clear for certain, but it's looking good. I think a couple trips to Hershey Park and Six Flags have been enough. I did Disneyland as a kid, and it was fine, but I have no desire to take this family of 4 to Disneyworld.

Clodfobble 04-25-2012 09:24 AM

My parents took us to Disneyworld when I was maybe 5 and my brother was 2. When I got to school the next year, a bunch of kids started talking about Six Flags, but no one else had been to Disney.

I went home and angrily told my dad that he should have taken me to Six Flags instead.

SteveDallas 04-25-2012 09:52 AM

I think that's an instructional fable for parenting, right there in a nutshell.

Pico and ME 04-25-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 808063)
It's looking like I've successfully avoided a family trip to Disney. I realize I've still got a couple more years before I can say the coast is clear for certain, but it's looking good. I think a couple trips to Hershey Park and Six Flags have been enough. I did Disneyland as a kid, and it was fine, but I have no desire to take this family of 4 to Disneyworld.

I went for the first time last year. Just me and my husband. I had a blast. BUT, I would never waste money taking kids. They have just as much fun at a local amusement/water park and then a zoo. Disney is waaaay to expensive.

Sundae 04-25-2012 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amen

monster 04-25-2012 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 38443