The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I apologize...yet again. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=31540)

John Sellers 12-25-2015 12:55 PM

I apologize...yet again.

This time to Gravdigr for suggesting he have coitus with his mom.

Also, it shouldn't matter to me where he posts his video hotlinks.

Gravdigr 12-25-2015 01:18 PM

Your comment is neither forgotten, nor forgiven.

But, your apology is accepted.

Merry Xmas, John.

John Sellers 12-25-2015 10:07 PM

So you accept my apology for a comment that you won't forgive. Seems to me that you don't believe my apology is sincere.

infinite monkey 12-25-2015 11:16 PM

John, just accept what is given, if you are really sorry.

Merry Christmas to you. :)

xoxoxoBruce 12-26-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Sellers (Post 949575)
So you accept my apology for a comment that you won't forgive. Seems to me that you don't believe my apology is sincere.

It doesn't matter if your apology is sincere. When you (meaning any you, not you you) attack, insult, ridicule, someone you do damage, as sure as a physical attack. Often the damage is worse. The majority of people (in real life, less so on the net) will say they forgive you in order to deescalate and keep the peace. But they don't forget, and it doesn't repair the damage. Likely the people who love you really do forgive, but they don't forget either.

I realize your health issues have limited your real life interaction with the general public, and I suspect much of the way you deal with people you learned on the net. In the real world everything you do and say, every interaction with especially strangers, has consequences. Running off at the mouth in a bar, at a ballgame or on the subway, can get you shot, stabbed, pushed under the train, or if you're lucky, just bleeding. Even Leroy Brown met somebody meaner.

The net is different world, a world where you can be an asshole with far less consequences, at least dangerous ones. The result is people are less reluctant to be an asshole, but that doesn't reduce the damage they do. It's easy to say just shut the machine off and that takes care of that, but if it were that simple we wouldn't be reading about all the suicides from online attacks.

There are people who can't, or won't, refrain from assholery online. If you get around the net you run into them. They become a known pariah, unwelcome anywhere, so they spend their online time just fucking with people, stirring as much shit as they can. Like part of the hole in the wall gang who ride into town, shoot up the saloon, rob the bank, and go back to hide in the boonies. That's a fucked up way to live, but the damage they've done leaves them no choice.

I'd suggest you think a little more about consequences before lashing out. Not for my sake, not for the Cellar's sake, for yours.

Gravdigr 12-26-2015 03:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Sellers (Post 949575)

I find it unfortunate you feel that way.

Here, have a coop'n:

Attachment 54618

BigV 12-26-2015 10:55 AM

Coop'n

Fuckin Ron White.

"... I had the *right* to remain silent.... But not the *ability.*"

John Sellers 12-26-2015 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 949579)
John, just accept what is given, if you are really sorry.

I am, but I get the feeling Gd's acceptance of my apology is reluctant. By definition, acceptance of an apology means all is forgiven.

I will only accept what I'm given when I'm satisfied.

John Sellers 12-26-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 949581)
I find it unfortunate you feel that way.

Here, have a coop'n:

Attachment 54618

I saved it to my HDD for future unlimited use. :D

sexobon 12-26-2015 01:13 PM

Try suggesting that he have coitus with you so you can be satisfied.

I'll be waiting for my coop'n.

John Sellers 12-26-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 949616)
Try suggesting that he have coitus with you so you can be satisfied. #BAZINGA

lumberjim 12-26-2015 01:35 PM

I think it's bad form to omit the link to the offense in question, btw. if you were to have this discussion in the same thread, it might derail that thread, and I get that... but separating the apology from the offense by not linking it makes it rather un-objective and random. Suggesting he have coitus with his mom, could be just that you called him a motherfucker.... or you could have been really nasty and graphic. I'm left to imagine that it must have been closer to the latter, just based on the reaction your apology got from Digr. ... just pointing that out. I really don't care much about the details. I'm sure you simply did what you always do.

xoxoxoBruce 12-26-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 949623)
Suggesting he have coitus with his mom,...

You say that like it's a bad thing. :haha:

John Sellers 12-26-2015 02:19 PM

Coitus = "Gettin' shagged."

anonymous 12-26-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 949623)
I think it's bad form to omit the link to the offense in question, btw. if you were to have this discussion in the same thread, it might derail that thread, and I get that... but separating the apology from the offense by not linking it makes it rather un-objective and random. Suggesting he have coitus with his mom, could be just that you called him a motherfucker.... or you could have been really nasty and graphic. I'm left to imagine that it must have been closer to the latter, just based on the reaction your apology got from Digr. ... just pointing that out. I really don't care much about the details. I'm sure you simply did what you always do.

http://www.cellar.org/showthread.php...043#post949043