The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   A Pizza Delivery Man of One (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11218)

xoxoxoBruce 07-12-2006 03:24 PM

A Pizza Delivery Man of One

Delivering Pizza is getting more and more dangerous. For little money, he (or she) gets a dead end job, going usually unarmed into unsecured neighborhoods, mostly at night.

Well if he joined the National Guard, for little money, he (or she) gets a dead end job, going into unsecured neighborhoods, mostly at night. But, with the latest full auto, maybe even belt fed, weapons.

Oh, and college money if he (or she) survives.

But how do you reach these people? Easy, print a full color ad on the pizza boxes and he (or she) can't miss it. :idea:

This box came from a neighborhood pizza joint in Chester County, PA. It was printed by Freeport Paper Ind., Long Island, NY.
The ad covers the face and three edges with the fourth edge for the pizza business but in the same colors.

MaggieL 07-12-2006 09:16 PM

How to get the target recruitment audience to read something: print it on a pizza box.

marichiko 07-12-2006 09:20 PM

They're targeting 54 year old women? (I like my pizza):eek:

skysidhe 07-12-2006 09:34 PM

Good find Bruce haha and good comments :thumbsup:

Notice there isn't any 'free college' money any more. There is just 'help to get a loan'. So instead of just getting a loan and going right in to college you can choose to play a little roulette first?

xoxoxoBruce 07-12-2006 09:45 PM

The box says "100% tuition assistance". They wouldn't lie, but that could be spun a lot of ways. ;)

AlternateGray 07-13-2006 02:57 PM

I can't vouch for the national guard (their benefits are almost totally dependent on their state), but active duty gets everything paid for- tuition, books, etc but only while you're in. Local classes, including many professional courses (e.g., certifications), are usually included. eArmyU (online)tuition cap is 4,500 a year, books free. "After service" assistance depends on your contract, for instance my original contract was 40,000 for college, but that goes up as the g.i. bill benefits increase.

Some states do actually offer the same or similar programs-but states have been known to run into budget problems and it turns into a re-imbursement program. Which sound illegal, but I guess it depends on the contract.

skysidhe- honestly, there's a silly number of jobs in the army that involve about as much risk as... well, a cubicle job. If someone joins a "bullet-catcher" MOS for college money, they're an idiot; and that's usually the very first thing your drills will tell you. And the reason they offer the loan-repayment is because the cap for that program is higher- 65,000 when I joined. Don't know what it is now. Again, that's AD, though.

erno365 07-14-2006 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce
The box says "100% tuition assistance". They wouldn't lie, but that could be spun a lot of ways. ;)

I think so. It sounds pretty convincing as well. :thepain: