The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Gravdigr 03-03-2018 01:54 PM

Welcome Couple!

Don't let the cat out.

TheCouple@No7 03-03-2018 04:47 PM

Thanks all, you're most kind.

monster 03-03-2018 06:24 PM

Hi, couple, welcome!

here's a little quizzicle to help us get to know you better if you so desire..... don't argue over that answers though ....or are you a hive-brain type of couple?

monster 03-19-2018 11:24 PM

I picked up the ashes today. I was shaking as a left to go there. But I've put googly eyes on the box now, so I feel a bit better.

TripAdvisor: Not Fucking Recommended

monster 03-19-2018 11:28 PM

Also, I went back to work. And then I took Thor to his swim team end of season banquet and in an unguarded moment driving in rush hour on the freeway, i wondered if I'd see him going the other way on his way home from work, as i sometimes did when I made that trip at that time. It wasn't fun, but expected and I survived it, so I will survive. Probably ;)

:cry:

Griff 03-20-2018 06:16 AM

heavy day

Gravdigr 03-20-2018 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1005949)
But I've put googly eyes on the box now, so I feel a bit better.

Damn, you are a fucking nut.:lol2:

You will absolutely survive.

monster 03-20-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1005979)
Damn, you are a fucking nut.:lol2:

You will absolutely survive.

I was going to take a picture but I though t better of it. Rough evening, right now, can't find a venue for the stupid memorial thingy. Yes, I have friends helping. Swim moms rock

monster 03-20-2018 09:59 PM

I guess we never shared the googly eye thing? On the second chemo ever, his feet were sticking out of the blanket as he slept, so I eyebombed them. His boots have had a pair of googly eyes each since then. Sure enough, they fall off, but miraculously, they reappeared each chemo session when he slept. Then they started appearing al over the consultation rooms. (many are still there that appeared more than two years ago. Nothing is safe.

One of his bucket list items we didn't manage (yet) was an entry into the Guinness Book of World Records. We were mentally working on it along this theme..... ever acquired a few supplies... maybe.... and i plan to continue -the kids and I all have his name, so if we make it, so does he :)

monster 03-20-2018 10:00 PM

We usually stick flags in the snow piles at the end of the drive. this year it was huge googly eyes on sticks

monster 03-20-2018 11:40 PM

Oh wait, of course you knew, Intergalactic Googly Eye Day is coming right up....

glatt 03-26-2018 07:30 AM

26,362. That's my wife's spot in line to buy Hamilton tickets at the Kennedy Center in their random order online ticket sale this morning. Our friend has spot 4502. The friend will get tickets. I think we probably won't but don't actually know. It's a big theater, sales are limited to 4 tickets per purchase, and it will be here for a couple months.

The whole thing is kind of crazy. Everybody wants to go see Hamilton because everybody wants to go see Hamilton.

I don't even care about seeing it, but my son thinks it would be cool, so we'll try to get tickets. Our New Years' resolution was to take advantage of the cultural offerings in this town more. So far, we're doing well on that front.

BigV 03-26-2018 11:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1005949)
I picked up the ashes today. I was shaking as a left to go there. But I've put googly eyes on the box now, so I feel a bit better.

TripAdvisor: Not Fucking Recommended

Regarding the Googly Eyes...

I came across this game a couple weeks ago, snapped a picture cause I was thinking of you guys..,.. Anyway.. Here it is.

Attachment 63506

monster 03-27-2018 09:23 PM

oh good lord, 50% of us have fucked up vision as it is

Happy Monkey 03-30-2018 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1006232)
26,362. That's my wife's spot in line to buy Hamilton tickets at the Kennedy Center in their random order online ticket sale this morning. Our friend has spot 4502. The friend will get tickets. I think we probably won't but don't actually know. It's a big theater, sales are limited to 4 tickets per purchase, and it will be here for a couple months.

A friend of mine is a member, so he got through in the first round, and got me one of his four.