The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cellar Vibes needed (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26354)

DanaC 11-21-2011 02:34 PM

Cellar Vibes needed

Can the Cellar send some collective good wishes for the Pilau dog. He's in a bad old way, my little wolf.

Took him to the vets on Friday and she said to give him a weekend break from all his regular meds and just take some powder in his food to help settle his tum, and pain relief via injections so as to bypass the gut.

All this in preparation for starting his new pain meds today. This is it now, end of the line medically, this is now about making him comfortable and as pain free as possible til he's had enough and is ready to go. Aside from this weekend which has just been a fucking nightmare, he seems to still be getting something out of life. I am hoping, hoping really hard, that this current malaise is a result of the weekend of injections and no other meds, and not his new state of being.

The new meds are steroid based. They don't get prescribed until long term is no longer an issue. I really want them to give him back some life. Even if it's just for a few more weeks. Butthey need to start working soon. Because I cannot let him go on the way he currently is.

Send us some good vibes this way. A bit of Cellar love for a doggy-dwellar.

infinite monkey 11-21-2011 02:37 PM

Oh Dana. Crap. I'm crying right now. I love Pilau. I fell in love with a silly dog who lives across the pond.

I am so sorry. I hope he pulls through for a little bit more time.

I know how hard this is. I'm sending every ounce of loving thought I have in my power.

Poor Pilau, who I met when he had a poorly paw. :cry:

You poor dear. I wish I could help in any way at all.

BigV 11-21-2011 02:38 PM

This is done.

Hang in there. Good is ahead, also pain. The good will last, the pain will not.

DanaC 11-21-2011 02:49 PM

Thanks guys. That helps. Trying not to let my upset show with him, because ya know what dogs are like for picking up on moods. It helps to be able to express it here :p

glatt 11-21-2011 02:57 PM

Dana, I'm sorry!

Poor Pilau. I'm sending good vibes too.

limey 11-21-2011 03:00 PM

Dana - more Cellar vibes coming at you from here. So sorry, and I hope things will settle and Pilau be more comfy soon. Hugs to you both (gently)!

monster 11-21-2011 03:07 PM

:apaw:

Undertoad 11-21-2011 03:11 PM

From one old dawg owner to another, from one old dawg to another, best wishes.

Spexxvet 11-21-2011 03:14 PM

What they said, Dana. Just love him.

jimhelm 11-21-2011 03:28 PM

::pat pat pat:: good dog.

feel better, pooch.

Sundae 11-21-2011 03:37 PM

He's a Good Pilau Dog.
My thoughts and wishes are with you and the Good Dog.

You are the focal point of his life. He loves you more than anything; perfect and unconditional.
He has had your love in return, caring and careful - which has meant muzzles and injections and all the rest.

I'm so sorry that you might be close to losing your companion.
But you have done everything he needs.
Even if it wasn't what he wanted.
That would have required endless rabbits and squirrels and as much food as he could snaffle ;)

Vibes if they will help.
From-the-heart-love if not.

Aliantha 11-21-2011 03:42 PM

I'm sorry he's not doing well Dana. He's had a good life with you though and I'm sure he'll let you know when he feels it's time.

Hugs to you both if you think it'll help. xx

Trilby 11-21-2011 04:32 PM

Hugs to you and Pilau, Dana.

My heart is breaking for you - but Pilau has no fear.
He is counting on you to do the right thing and you will.

Poor sweet Pilau. He is so lucky because he is so beloved.

:apaw:

Love, love, love.

Pico and ME 11-21-2011 04:37 PM

Pilau, you have been one lucky puppy to have Dana as your mom. And she has been just as fortunate to have you to love. All my good and peaceful vibes to the both of you.

Big Sarge 11-21-2011 04:44 PM

Best wishes and warmest thoughts? Would a jug of "good corn squezzins" help?