The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   January 12, 2008: Funny delivery man (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16372)

Undertoad 01-12-2008 12:55 PM

January 12, 2008: Funny delivery man

http://cellar.org/2008/funnydeliveryman.jpg

This flickr page is getting a lot of attention today. Read the caption and then look back at the image...

Quote:

I was expecting a delivery from Amazon Yesterday, I thought the parcel was going to be small. I noticed they tend to just leave the parcels on the door step and I knew I was going to be at the office all day. So I put a note on the door saying:

Please leave any parcel under the matt and remove this note.

When I came home, the note was gone and the delivery man did indeed left the parcel under the matt… look at the size of the parcel… I am sure he must have laugth a lot when he left! I surely laugth a lot when I arrived!!

Griff 01-12-2008 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now it is iconic.

xoxoxoBruce 01-12-2008 04:25 PM

I had a UPS man leave a large package(fully assembled rocking chair), in my cellar doorway, with the front-door mat over it to fend off the rain. He even left a note on the front-door, telling me where the mat was.
Love UPS!

busterb 01-12-2008 05:04 PM

UPS. Right, one of the a-holes must have tried, or sprayed, my dog. She hates the truck. The one I think did it is afraid of her.

Warren Peas 01-12-2008 05:22 PM

Ther you have it. Balanced reporting.

LJ 01-12-2008 09:42 PM

UPS guys get more tail than a toilet seat. jinx and the girls in her office all had a crush on Leon the UPS guy......

Clodfobble 01-12-2008 09:53 PM

So, uh, are we going back to MM/DD/YYYY format for IOTD dates? I just want to make sure I'm doing what all the cool kids are doing...

xoxoxoBruce 01-12-2008 10:53 PM

You are the cool kid, what are you doing?

and what are you wearing?

Undertoad 01-13-2008 11:45 AM

I set the date format wrong! Sorry.

Gravdigr 01-14-2008 03:42 PM

When I ordered my ear-shatteringly sweet 1000 watt Pioneer A/V receiver, the UPS guy left it on my front porch in full view of the street, which is less than forty feet away. I spotted it three houses away when I came home. Of course the Pioneer logo was visible from two houses away!! :mad: I am SO lucky someone didn't swipe it. If someone had five-fingered it, I would have probably went to the penitentiary. As it was, I went to the local UPS place and made an appointment w/said UPS man. When I got through cussing, he was red as a beet, didn't like it at all, but he never said a word back. Guess he was imagining how he would have felt if it had been his $1500 parcel with brand names and pictures of the receiver on it left pretty much on the side of the road...what a jerk.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Yznhymr 01-14-2008 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 424413)
When I ordered my ear-shatteringly sweet 1000 watt Pioneer A/V receiver, the UPS guy left it on my front porch in full view of the street, which is less than forty feet away. I spotted it three houses away when I came home. Of course the Pioneer logo was visible from two houses away!! :mad: I am SO lucky someone didn't swipe it. If someone had five-fingered it, I would have probably went to the penitentiary. As it was, I went to the local UPS place and made an appointment w/said UPS man. When I got through cussing, he was red as a beet, didn't like it at all, but he never said a word back. Guess he was imagining how he would have felt if it had been his $1500 parcel with brand names and pictures of the receiver on it left pretty much on the side of the road...what a jerk.:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

I told you I was sorry...gesh! :redface: Some people never let go of a grudge...

signed,

the jerk

xoxoxoBruce 01-14-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 424413)
When I got through cussing, he was red as a beet, didn't like it at all, but he never said a word back.

If he'd have opened his mouth he would have been fired.

Oh, and if someone had taken it, they would have replaced it.

Shawnee123 01-15-2008 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Put it under the "matt"

lookout123 01-15-2008 01:56 PM

is that matt damon, or The Fonz?

Shawnee123 01-15-2008 02:32 PM

Sit on it! Aaaaaaayyy.