The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Cellar is closing at the end of the year (sooner, if the new location is stable) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35395)

lumberjim 10-12-2020 09:46 PM

It's the same as all my sock puppets.

monster 10-12-2020 09:46 PM

...yours is "password", though

jaminhealth 10-12-2020 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1060304)
Or maybe that person is clueless AF, buddy. You don't do the research, you pay the consequences.

You have treated this forum very poorly. Only an idiot would not expect it to defend itself.

And -FYI- it is immensely vulgar behavior to use initials of or substitutes for "bad" words. The damage lies in the intent and in using anything at all, not in the actual verbiage. If you wish to use a "swear" word, the most polite thing is just to do so. If there are juveniles present, it may be more appropriate to swear in a language they do not yet understand, e.g. French. I can recommend several etiquette books (most not written by doctors as far as I know), if you would like to research that for yourself. That said, nothing wrong with a good bit of vulgarity -one of the oldest forms of humor and we all know laughter is the best medicine. Have a Blessed Day.

What a hypocrite, passive/aggressive --- "have a blessed day"....who you talking to, yourself.

Hey, since you "KIDS" have so much in common, why not start your own forum...it happens all the time....

monster 10-12-2020 10:03 PM

I will pray for your soul

Dude111 10-12-2020 11:12 PM

Maybe some of you guys can come to mauisun,I am a co-admin there :)

www.mauisun.org/smf

limey 10-13-2020 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaminhealth (Post 1060367)
What a hypocrite, passive/aggressive --- "have a blessed day"....who you talking to, yourself.

Hey, since you "KIDS" have so much in common, why not start your own forum...it happens all the time....

We had one, once ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fargon 10-13-2020 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 1060405)
We had one, once ....

What Limey said.

footfootfoot 10-13-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1060378)
I will pray for your soul

https://s3.amazonaws.com/finecooking...-thumb16x9.jpg

monster 10-13-2020 09:34 AM

I will pray for your rissole also.

Ramen.

Diaphone Jim 10-13-2020 11:40 AM

OK, this is off on a standard scatter.
I've been here for 13 years and still feel like I haven't been taught the secret handshake.
Before I try to guess what is going on, how about one of the insiders explaining Undertoad's announcement.

DanaC 10-13-2020 11:52 AM

The Cellar hasnt been much joy for UT for a while now - there have been odd fallings out, and the divisiveness of modern politics have made themselves felt - into this already not fun situ a new member arrived (jam) and as I understand it posted a lot of stuff about alternative health including some stuff about Covid that many considered to be part of the large covid misinformation drive that has been hitting much of the interwebz.

Responses to teh new member were not overly welcoming (some suspected a troll) and in response the new member doubled down on their assertions and this further fed the notion that they were a troll or spambot - therefore responses got quite vitriolic.

New member (perhaps understandably) is more interested in fighting their corner and reminding us all that they are in their 80s and taking the forum to task for the amount of swearing, lack of manners, lack of welcome for new members than in addressing the fact that their posting style was spammy and abrasive enough for people to think they might be a spambot (or sock puppet for the member who introduced them).

UT is a decent caring man and it did not sit well with him that a human person got dogpiled on the site by people who suspected trolling - and once it became clear they weren't a spambot nevertheless continued to meet the new member with hostility

This was basically the final straw for UT who had already commented a few times over past year or so that he might not want to continue with the cellar and has at times stepped away as a poster, though continued to host.

It's a mess - but it is probably not entirely unexpected - was probably going to happen at some point and this was just the thing that tipped it

We are currently looking at ways to rehouse the community on a new board for any who wish to keep it going.

Dude111 10-13-2020 11:53 AM

I think he got mad at Flints outburst cause he didnt say anything of this before :(

DanaC 10-13-2020 11:55 AM

Yes he has Dude111

monster 10-13-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 1060459)
I think he got mad at Flints outburst cause he didnt say anything of this before :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 1060460)
Yes he has Dude111

Dana speaks truth

Remember what happens when you point a finger

Diaphone Jim 10-13-2020 02:58 PM

Everyone needs to read the six or more threads at Cellar Meta (bottom of main page).
I should have looked but they snuck in on me.