The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm not done... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17257)

Trilby 05-15-2008 10:33 AM

I'm not done...

..though I'm sure many of you wish I were.

the radiation--it's not even close to how bad chemo was but it's EVERY goddamn day. I feel good though, I do.

i am just so pissed off that I let myself wide open for this disease. I blame myself. I never ask "why me?" I only ask, "why was I so dumb?"

glatt 05-15-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 453890)
i am just so pissed off that I let myself wide open for this disease.

What are you talking about? You did nothing to bring this on yourself.

I'm sorry the treatments are still ongoing, but you are kicking this thing's ass. Each and every day, you kick it a little harder.

Shawnee123 05-15-2008 11:09 AM

I'm curious as to why you think you brought this on yourself, too.

Keep on keepin' on, Bri. You're doing great.

Cloud 05-15-2008 11:11 AM

WTF? Bad Brianna!

There's not much we can do to avoid cancer 'cept maybe live in isolation on a mountaintop somewhere and drink spring water and eat leaves.

barefoot serpent 05-15-2008 11:38 AM

perhaps if you had a time machine, you could go back and jump into a different gene pool...

lumberjim 05-15-2008 11:54 AM

just don't go 'born again' when you come through it all, k?

DanaC 05-15-2008 12:04 PM

Ye just got dealt a shit card, Bri, and you're a good enough player to play it out of your hand. Get a grip, hon, seriously, ain't no room for self blame on this. That would be appropriate if you'd jumped fully-clothed into a cold lake and were now pissed that the pneumonia was hanging around too long.

Recognise that this is just you beating up on yourself, looking for stuff to attach blame to. I usually smile to myself when I find myself doing it. A 'Caught m'self in the act' again kind of a smile. Thing is...in your case, I reckon it might be easier, more comfortable to focus that blame and scrutiny on yourself than on some almost indefinable thing that's being done to you, such as radiation. Just...keep a bit of yourself aware that's what you're doing, it helps limit the damage :P

elSicomoro 05-15-2008 12:06 PM

It's already happening, chica. No need for blame, just get through and get better. That's all you can do.

Flint 05-15-2008 12:07 PM

Cancer isn't like AIDS, which God gives you as punishment.

elSicomoro 05-15-2008 12:08 PM

WTF?!

Flint 05-15-2008 12:11 PM

Sorry, my social acceptable-ness died in the WTC on 9/11. You insensitive bastard.

xoxoxoBruce 05-15-2008 05:07 PM

@Brianna, how do you know this is a medical necessity, and not the lab techs just wanting to experience your awesomeness, every day? :drool:

footfootfoot 05-15-2008 05:29 PM

Brianna brought this on herself by choosing to be a mammal instead of a reptile, insect, or bird. It was her choice.

Always read the fine print.

Undertoad 05-15-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 453904)
There's not much we can do to avoid cancer 'cept maybe live in isolation on a mountaintop somewhere and drink spring water and eat leaves.

Eating leaves causes total fucking cancer.

However Bri did make the mistake of living in an era when it can only be cured, not prevented.

Sundae 05-15-2008 07:47 PM

Brianna let men touch her dirty-pillows.
God didn't make them for that, he made them for the hungry babies.
Therefore she brought it on herself.

Anyone with illness does. Otherwise why would people pray for intercession if they weren't asking God to overturn his original ruling?

Kick (him) in the cunt Brianna.
No deity has the right to do that to your knockers.
Unless of course it's just random cells, doing their random cell thing. Because evolution expected us to be dead by this age anyway (after spawning 13 offspring). You know what? Kick the cells in the cunt too.

Hope things are feeling less like your fault by the time you read this x