The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It has been decided (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=25734)

Bullitt 08-20-2011 11:20 AM

It has been decided

I'm getting a hedgehog. I mean how can you even try to resist one of these little fuckers?

piercehawkeye45 08-20-2011 11:47 AM

Holy Shit. My new roommate really wants to get one next month. I am completely open to the idea.

Clodfobble 08-20-2011 12:18 PM

Not to dissuade you, but the little guys stink up the place just like a ferret or any caged mammal. Gotta spend a good amount of time keeping the cage clean.

Sundae 08-20-2011 12:35 PM

I love the little critters. I've always felt blessed when one has chosen our garden or purlieus.

When I first moved away from home and shared a house (17) it was very damp. I wandered downstairs one night very thirsty; because I had been drinking. I stepped on a slug in the kitchen - retch! Luckily, the fact I'd been drinking made me able to retain my cookies, as it were.

We took to sleeping with the back door open (we had nothing to steal!) to allow the hedgehogs in.

We have one at the moment, which peripatetically visits our shed. I leave out nuts and sliced bananas. They are sposed to like catfood, but we have too many greedy cats to make that viable.

Wild hodgepigs are riddled with fleas....

monster 08-20-2011 01:02 PM

Choco and Kitsune used to have one

DanaC 08-20-2011 01:07 PM

There's a big fat one that frequents our shared gardens. Every so often I see it ambling about the place at night. I try and keep Pilau away from it, and usually I see it before he does, but he is most intrigued.

Generally speaking the most he's done is go in for a sniff then back away and bark. Except for this one time...when he decided to try hedgehog bowling. I hadn't seen the damn thing, because it was only half lit outside by a nightlight. Next thing I know Pil's there with the hedgehog right in front of him, and he just flipped it with his nose. Sent it rolling.

footfootfoot 08-20-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

'Now attend to me,' said Painted Jaguar, 'because this is very important. My mother said that when I meet a Hedgehog I am to drop him into the water and then he will uncoil, and when I meet a Tortoise I am to scoop him out of his shell with my paw. Now which of you is Hedgehog and which is Tortoise? because, to save my spots, I can't tell.'

'Are you sure of what your Mummy told you?' said Stickly-Prickly Hedgehog. 'Are you quite sure? Perhaps she said that when you uncoil a Tortoise you must shell him out of the water with a scoop, and when you paw a Hedgehog you must drop him on the shell.'

'Are you sure of what your Mummy told you?' said Slow-and-Solid Tortoise. 'Are you quite sure? Perhaps she said that when you water a Hedgehog you must drop him into your paw, and when you meet a Tortoise you must shell him till he uncoils.'

'I don't think it was at all like that,' said Painted Jaguar, but he felt a little puzzled; 'but, please, say it again more distinctly.'

'When you scoop water with your paw you uncoil it with a Hedgehog,' said Stickly-Prickly. 'Remember that, because it's important.'

'But,' said the Tortoise, 'when you paw your meat you drop it into a Tortoise with a scoop. Why can't you understand?'

'You are making my spots ache,' said Painted Jaguar; 'and besides, I didn't want your advice at all. I only wanted to know which of you is Hedgehog and which is Tortoise.'

'I shan't tell you,' said Stickly-Prickly. 'but you can scoop me out of my shell if you like.'
http://boop.org/jan/justso/armadil.htm

Gravdigr 08-29-2011 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ya know, I think I want a hedgehog, too.

BigV 08-29-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 753350)
Ya know, I think I want to be a hedgehog, too.

ftfy

Sundae 08-29-2011 03:17 PM

She's going to get a surprise when he starts nest-building in the undergrowth!

Gravdigr 08-29-2011 04:22 PM

I think we'd see it if there was any undergrowth.

:lol2:

BigV 08-29-2011 05:14 PM

a shot like that can make most any fella's under groweth

Gravdigr 08-31-2011 01:23 AM

Yeah, I know...For a minute there I thought I had a tumor.

grynch 08-31-2011 02:01 AM

:rolleyes:
thats quite some impressive hedgehog there !

just as by-the-by ... mrs and I have a hedgehog living in our backgarden.... he does a good job of keeping the snails in check and gets the occasional treat of "lil caesars" dog food ( his favourite brand )

grynch 08-31-2011 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 753366)
She's going to get a surprise when he starts nest-building in the undergrowth!

I'm guessing there is no undergrowth there.