The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   You killed the mayor's dog? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17870)

deadbeater 08-07-2008 10:08 PM

You killed the mayor's dog?

It seems that the cops are a little too trigger-happy in this case.

It is just what Black people are saying all along.

xoxoxoBruce 08-07-2008 11:31 PM

Well, they were black dogs.

glatt 08-08-2008 07:41 AM

Prince George's County cops have a long and well deserved reputation for being unusually stupid and violent thugs. They are the laughingstock of the DC metropolitan area, and have been for at least a decade.

One example, just off the top of my head: a couple years ago, they had to transfer a suspect to DC for some jurisdictional thing there, and the DC cops didn't show up at the border for the exchange, so they handcuffed the dude to a telephone pole and drove away. Guy spent most of the day handcuffed to the telephone pole in a horrible neighborhood in town before a passerby called 911.

This time, they shot a white mayor's dogs inside his home after improperly executing a search warrant. So it's gotten some attention. The FBI is investigating now.

Cyber Wolf 08-08-2008 08:03 AM

Not only was the warrant execution bungled, the mayor was never given a complete copy of the warrant, which he is entitled to get. They never showed it to him during the event then sent him a copy missing key pages long after the fact.

Either someone's dropping a lot of balls or someone made a huge mistake and needs time to cover it up.

TheMercenary 08-08-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf (Post 474799)
Not only was the warrant execution bungled, the mayor was never given a complete copy of the warrant, which he is entitled to get. They never showed it to him during the event then sent him a copy missing key pages long after the fact.

Either someone's dropping a lot of balls or someone made a huge mistake and needs time to cover it up.

From what I could tell they never actually had a no-knock warrant.

Troubleshooter 08-08-2008 10:26 PM

That's awesome.

We get to cover swatting, no-knocks, dead dogs, and the thin blue line all in one article.

Urbane Guerrilla 08-09-2008 05:50 AM

Then, in other news, there's Kwame Kilpatrick. Looks like they need a SWAT team around to throw and hold him.

No recall election or impeachment proceedings YET? Detroit? Detroit, WTF? Do you want a mayor who's dumber than Marion Barry?

[edit to add] Sure looks like they do, all things considered...

Griff 08-09-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troubleshooter (Post 475025)
That's awesome.

We get to cover swatting, no-knocks, dead dogs, and the thin blue line all in one article.

That is a spectacle.

xoxoxoBruce 08-09-2008 11:37 PM

I used to know a Prince George's County cop.
He was a dick. :cop:

Cicero 08-10-2008 09:21 AM

So I guess it's a big deal when it happens to the mayor, but it's ok when it happens to John Q. Citizen. AKA John Q Public.

They came to my house because they got the wrong address once. Apparently they do that all the time, you know, get the wrong address. No one apologized.

Griff 08-10-2008 09:42 AM

This nonsense will be kept under wraps until a Faux News personality goes down in a hail of SWAT fire on live tv. Let them show that on Cops...

Ibby 08-10-2008 01:22 PM

PG police are some of the worst out there... I can't speak for effectiveness or for enforcement, but I can speak for attitude. PG cops are, on the whole, COMPLETE douches.

Urbane Guerrilla 08-12-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 475204)
I used to know a Prince George's County cop.
He was a dick. :cop:

I used to know another PG County cop. He's a bagpiper.

ZenGum 08-12-2008 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 475607)
I used to know another PG County cop. He's a bagpiper.

That could replace tasering and waterboarding as a means of coercive interrogation. The brute!

Urbane Guerrilla 08-14-2008 03:16 AM

Nah, you just make the interrogatee eat whole haggises until he disgorges what you're after. Or else he gets to liking haggis.