The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

Cloud 03-16-2008 11:47 PM

Only in El Paso

the county courthouse is closed tomorrow . . . for St. Patrick's Day! :D

Here's my story about St. Patrick's Day: When I was growing up, my mother made me wear orange on St. Patrick's Day. Because we were Orangemen. :headshake

the thing that gets me about this is . . . we have no recent immigrants on either side of my family--they all came before the war. The Revolutionary War, that is. That's a legacy of over three hundred years of hatred.

I stopped that in my generation, thank goodness.

DucksNuts 03-17-2008 07:51 PM

How come....when I was younger, I had straight, straight, DEAD straight hair and spent hours making it wavy.

Now, I have wavy hair and spend 30 mins everyday straightening it???

jinx 03-17-2008 07:55 PM

I'm just not buying into the whole straightening craze. And jim would friggin explode if I spent an extra 30 minutes on my hair. You should hear him gripe as it is...

DucksNuts 03-17-2008 08:04 PM

I love straight hair, but I tend to do flicky stuff.

I shower, makeup and hair in under 40 mins :D

Shawnee123 03-18-2008 08:33 AM

Straight hair can be so pretty, shiny, sheeny, etc. But I gotta say, I see these beautiful young ladies who spent who knows how long straightening their hair and sometimes it just looks stringy (like my mom would say.) For instance, the Jennifer Aniston look when she had the stringy style. Not attractive. I just want to run a comb through it and blow some wind at it.

Cicero 04-09-2008 10:49 AM

No one has mentioned the gross punctuation error and I am truly amazed that no one here has remarked on it, for me to fix it....It's been there for months! Not only did I quote a cellar member...It is misquoted because the punctuation is wrong....wake up guys! Are you guys just too polite to say anything now or what?!?

It's like walking around with your dress tucked in your hose in the back and waiting for someone to say something....

Off topic: Who misses Zengum? And Jester?

classicman 04-09-2008 11:17 AM

I do

Sundae 04-10-2008 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 439417)
I'm just not buying into the whole straightening craze. And jim would friggin explode if I spent an extra 30 minutes on my hair...

But you have great curls. It would love odd straight imo.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 439420)
I shower, makeup and hair in under 40 mins :D

As our bathroom floor has a tendency to leak through to the living room (sigh) I have to bath rather than shower. Even though I now wear foundation to work (first time in my life but I love it) I can go from bed to door in 50 mins on a hair-wash day. I count that as low maintenance. Then again I don't straighten my hair and I breakfast at work.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 439518)
But I gotta say, I see these beautiful young ladies who spent who knows how long straightening their hair and sometimes it just looks stringy... I just want to run a comb through it and blow some wind at it.

OMG I think just the same! We have a pretty-people teen soap opera called Hollyoaks and when I used it as exercise incentive I would have loved to reach into the screen and give the girls a good going over with my hairbrush.

I probably wasn't the only one.

I wish I had curls.
If I hadn't bleached the bejesus out of my hair I'd be considering a perm again :eyebrow:

Sundae 04-10-2008 10:26 AM

PS I miss them too!

kerosene 04-10-2008 11:39 AM

I miss them too...and Mockingbird.

spudcon 04-10-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicero (Post 444679)
No one has mentioned the gross punctuation error and I am truly amazed that no one here has remarked on it, for me to fix it....It's been there for months! Not only did I quote a cellar member...It is misquoted because the punctuation is wrong....wake up guys! Are you guys just too polite to say anything now or what?!?

It's like walking around with your dress tucked in your hose in the back and waiting for someone to say something....

Off topic: Who misses Zengum? And Jester?

Are you talking about the 4 dot ellipsis? Guess I'm not too polite.

Cicero 04-11-2008 09:08 AM

No silly!! I don't care about that...Thank you for saying ellipses though, now I am open to mention that it is my favorite poetic style.
:)

Razzmatazz13 04-11-2008 10:15 AM

(The post whore thread has become the grammar thread...

*backs away slowly...*)

DanaC 04-11-2008 10:46 AM

Gramma's a post whore?

Cloud 04-11-2008 10:59 AM

you betcha!

Cicero 04-11-2008 11:02 AM

I thought it was your momma? OOh also backing out of thread.

xoxoxoBruce 04-11-2008 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 445133)
Gramma's a post whore?

Of course... hell, she started the thread.;)

Sundae 04-11-2008 11:10 AM

She doesn't charge me though

monster 04-11-2008 11:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
less than one day old kittehs....

Cloud 04-12-2008 09:47 AM

they kinda look like rats. how odd.

I love watching the dog shows on tv. Why can't they put cat shows on? I want cat shows! Granted, they may not be a showy, 'cause they don't parade around nicely, but surely there's someway to make it good tv!

TheMercenary 04-12-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 445295)
they kinda look like rats. how odd.

I love watching the dog shows on tv. Why can't they put cat shows on? I want cat shows! Granted, they may not be a showy, 'cause they don't parade around nicely, but surely there's someway to make it good tv!

Because the cats would eventually want to direct the show and then get royalties from future internet sales and invest in the stock market making money to buy out all the dog shows and get them off the air. And we can't have that. No cats.

Cloud 04-12-2008 10:23 AM

too right. dogs are just Slaves to the Man! cats will Rule the World!

bwaaahaha!

Sundae 04-12-2008 12:02 PM

I don't care!
I want cat shows too.
I'm so sad I'd watch the 24 Hour Cat Television Show if it existed.

What am I saying?
No, of course I wouldn't!
All the cats you see on TV are spoiled and pampered by people who think their behaviour is normal.

Don't get me wrong - I adore my cats and I know some people IRL think I spoil them. But the truth is I know they are cats - I treat them like cats. Affectionate cats, yes. But that's no spoiled in the way you can spoil children. If you hand feed a cat it will expect hand feeding for life. If you get up for a cat at 03.00 every morning it will think this is a normal occurrence.

However if you try to get a madly potent catnip toy, or give them a warming pad because they are heat-mad, they don't go boasting to other cats in the neighbourhood and they don't come home asking for what all the other cats have that they don't.

Therefore I don't spoil my cats.

Also, although they are pedigree (argh) they are beautiful to me because they are dynamic, healthy and energetic. Apologies to anyone with Persians, but really. A cat that has trouble eating because of its nose and has to be cleaned every time it uses a litter tray? That's a little freaky in my book.

Well, it is a post-whore thread and I've wanted to get that off my chest for a while.

monster 04-13-2008 09:00 PM

I learned to crochet today

jinx 04-13-2008 09:02 PM

You go. I want to know how to knit, I just don't want to learn.

monster 04-13-2008 09:20 PM

I can knit. I learned that when i was little. I knew the theory behind crochet, but never really got it or had the urge to sit down and learn, and there was no-one to show me, but Hebe's book project this month is to to read a how to book on something she doesn't know, learn it, then teach it to a small group and she needed moral support/detangling.. Am on the 6th circuit of a "granny square". it's strangely addictive, especially when there is paperwork and housework to be done. But this ball of yarn is due to end, so i guess I'll have to get on with real stuff....

Cloud 04-13-2008 11:05 PM

cool! crochet is fun. I'm afraid I've had to give it up. Too much feline interference.

Razzmatazz13 04-13-2008 11:10 PM

My boyfriend's mom crochets all the time...she taught her daughter in law...and now SHE crochets all the time....which annoys both sons

So I've been told I'm not allowed to learn it.

So naturally I plan to learn how once I've got the money to start a new craft :D

monster 04-20-2008 09:24 PM

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...d99b/event.png

I just wanted to post this somewhere to demostrate to a friend.... that's all

Cloud 04-24-2008 08:52 AM

Good morning! bounced around to Inagaddalavida this morning, so I'm in a good mood. At least until I get to work. And in spite of the fact Bruce called me the N-word. :)

xoxoxoBruce 04-24-2008 05:44 PM

What are you babbling about? :confused:

Cloud 04-24-2008 05:50 PM

(whistles) nothing! nothing at all!

xoxoxoBruce 04-24-2008 11:19 PM

I can believe that.:rolleyes:

Cloud 04-24-2008 11:21 PM

I'm crushed, man, crushed! So, I'll posit you this: Why, with all the various sizes, forms, and colors of dogs, don't they have as many eye colors of cats?

Cloud 04-27-2008 07:29 PM

Anytime you're tempted to think you're life is so rough, that you've got it so bad . . .

think about that woman they just found imprisoned in a cellar in Austria by her father for two decades, repeatedly raped by him, giving birth to 6 of his kids, all stuck down there.

Cloud 05-10-2008 10:44 PM

purple PT Cruisers look like eggplants

Sundae 05-11-2008 06:20 AM

I have a mixture of hair putty, foundation and breadcrumbs under my fingernails. I think I'd better go wash my hands.

DanaC 05-11-2008 08:36 AM

Either that or stay as you are and be a dirty girl!

Cloud 05-11-2008 09:58 AM

planning on attracting wildlife?

Cicero 05-11-2008 12:30 PM

Well if she gets taken by a wicked witch she can use the content of her fingernails to leave on the ground, and find her way back home. If this happens, be sure to push the witch in the oven that she was planning to bake you in. And make sure she is dead because they have been known to be ornery.

Sundae 05-11-2008 05:42 PM

Cicero I read that too quickly and it gave me the shudders.
I thought you were advocating leaving my fingernails in the ground as a way for people to trace me when the witch got me. Shades of The Silence of the Lambs and Ring, Loki's ship of nails come Ragnorak as well as Rincewind's musings as to why a tooth fairy would want all those teeth.

Anyway. Not quite as bad as I thought, no torn bloody nails involved.

I did go and wash my hands like a good girl. Of course I should have done it before opening the pack of chicken goujons for the Board meeting, but I forget how much longer my nails are now, and that things can get caught further underneath them.

As a minor aside - ever scratched and sniffed your bellybutton? How can they be so retch-inducing? I had a bath late morning, what's going on in there?!

Cloud 05-11-2008 06:12 PM

it's important to wash out your navel regularly.

Piercers and piercees have found this out!

Cloud 05-11-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 452835)
it's important to wash out your navel regularly.

oh, I forgot to add: and dry it well!

Cicero 05-12-2008 07:19 PM

I try to not scratch and sniff myself. It's usually gross. But thanks for the update Sundae!

I'm not even curious anymore.....

Urbane Guerrilla 05-12-2008 09:45 PM

So don't you dare try that in behind your ears!

Cloud 05-15-2008 09:21 PM

Wow, a full-year subscription to National Geographic for $15. That is a DEAL! I decided to order a subscription sent to me at the office--our lobby reading suxxs. I will donate to the cause after reading.

monster 05-17-2008 05:51 PM

Should i be worried if I see yin and yang as in interacial whale relationship with a little 69 going on?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...n_yang.svg.png

Cloud 05-17-2008 09:52 PM

oh, without a doubt

Cloud 05-19-2008 09:52 PM

trying to figure out what has brought a fire truck, an ambulance, and a water extractor van -- but no cops-- to my neighbor. They brought someone out on a stretcher. Then the water extractor guy went back in.

Odd.

Clodfobble 05-20-2008 10:20 AM

Slipped in the bathtub?

Cloud 05-20-2008 11:52 AM

they wouldn't need water extraction for just a slip, though, don't think

glatt 05-20-2008 12:08 PM

Maybe there's an Endless Pool in the basement.

Cloud 05-20-2008 12:23 PM

I would LOVE an endless pool! I'd put one in my living room if I could.

but -- no basements here

BigV 05-20-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 455297)
Maybe there's an Endless Pool in the basement.

WANT!!!

glatt 05-20-2008 01:21 PM

Just mount an outboard motor to the side of a kiddie pool. You'll be all set.

Clodfobble 05-20-2008 06:06 PM

Meh. My mom and stepdad had one. All the work and maintenance of a real pool, but not enough space to play in. My brother and I thought it was dumb. It soon got abandoned just like every other piece of exercise equipment they ever bought.

Sundae 05-20-2008 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 455431)
Meh. My mom and stepdad had one. All the work and maintenance of a real pool, but not enough space to play in. My brother and I thought it was dumb. It soon got abandoned just like every other piece of exercise equipment they ever bought.

Clod was priv-el-edged!
We were excited by our Slide-Away (long plastic sheet with water running down it - can't link to it as they're all much fancier now)

BigV 05-20-2008 06:15 PM

Hawaii!!

BigV 05-20-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 455437)
Clod was priv-el-edged!
We were excited by our Slide-Away (long plastic sheet with water running down it - can't link to it as they're all much fancier now)

slip and slide

Madman 05-21-2008 10:11 AM

:bolt: