The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

monster 09-13-2009 03:44 PM

yay! other official water. there's a landmark thread somewhere....

Cloud 09-13-2009 08:58 PM

I drew two penises today; or maybe the same one two ways

DanaC 09-14-2009 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 592924)
The 80s are sooooo in right now, but I see no batwing sleeves.

I know!

I remember my best mate Maddie really, really wanted a sweater with batwing sleeves. She was so excited when her mum came home with one for her. It was pale blue as I recall. And was way too big for her, but she still wore it to death.

Sundae 09-15-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 592924)
The 80s are sooooo in right now, but I see no batwing sleeves.

I have a pink top with batwing sleeves.
I remembered that style as being baggy and forgiving.
I rarely wear it now, because the thing I most wanted to hide back in the 80s was a flat chest and boney ribcage. Turns out it's not so forgiving on pot bellies...

morethanpretty 09-15-2009 07:26 AM

I think the customer I just helped was a drunk Indian woman. She told me "This office smells really bad, what should I do?" ....I'm computer support.

monster 09-15-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 594906)
I think the customer I just helped was a drunk Indian woman. She told me "This office smells really bad, what should I do?" ....I'm computer support.

remove dead fish from hard drive left by last laid-off employee

Cloud 09-16-2009 05:16 PM

all my boards seem a bit slow today. Guess people are actually --gasp--working!

Sundae 09-18-2009 01:33 PM

Part of the Treating Mum series. Yes, I know showing love with food is stereotypical, but I learned it from her :)

Moules Marinaire for dinner with locally baked bread and oven chips.
A glass of white wine for her, fizzy water for me. I cooked and Dads and I did the washing up /clearing away. It was a treat for me too, although none of the ingredients are expensive - just something we haven't had in a long, long time. The mussels on Monday put us both in the mood.

Tomorrow morning I tackle the ironing (groan - I hate it and shop with an eye to never having to iron anything!) My sister offered my BIL's services - he does all the ironing in their house. But I'd feel like a heel if I accepted - I live here for a peppercorn rent after all. And Law brought round a really flamboyant Autumn bouquet of flowers that I am enjoying immensely.

And & Dec are on Jonathan Ross tonight, so I'm going to Sky + it and watch it tomorrow as I iron. Should cheer me enough to get through it.

Shawnee123 09-23-2009 09:10 AM

When signing office birthday cards, I always like to sign it early, and include a note from the birthday person to his or her self. For example:

Dear Maggie: Happy Birthday to the most awesome person I've ever known. You get better every single day, and the world LOVES you. Your friend, Maggie.

Other people, if they read the messages when they sign are like WTF? Also, if the person to whom the card is addressed reads it (test time) they wonder when they wrote THAT.

Shawnee123 09-23-2009 09:11 AM

Also, the sound of someone munching chips like they've never eaten chips in their life, is a most annoying sound.

classicman 09-23-2009 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 596508)
Dear Maggie: Happy Birthday to the most awesome person I've ever known. You get better every single day, and the world LOVES you. Your friend, Maggie.

HAGGIS! Thats awesome! I am definitely doin that next time.

glatt 09-23-2009 11:18 AM

Not the pumpkins!

About two weeks ago, I bought the last can of cooked pumpkin on the shelf at the local grocery store to use in some cupcakes Mrs. glatt was making for a pot luck. On the phone today, Mrs. glatt mentioned that she had been to 3 different grocery stores in town looking for canned pumpkin to use in another recipe. All the shelves were bare. We joked about that for a bit. Who's buying all the pumpkin? Is there a big pumpkin pie contest going on in town? Were they recalled, or something?

So I got on Google, and to my surprise found out that there is a nation wide pumpkin shortage!

Thanksgiving is going to be canceled this year. No pumpkin pie.

capnhowdy 09-23-2009 11:34 AM

What about Halloween?

Shawnee123 09-23-2009 11:38 AM

We're lousy with actual pumpkins, but it's awfully hard to get canned innards.

glatt 09-23-2009 11:55 AM

Apparently the jack o lantern kind isn't the same as the baking kind.