The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Which is worse, booze or pot? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13576)

Spexxvet 03-15-2007 08:49 PM

Which is worse, booze or pot?

Early in my life I consumed mass quantities of both booze and pot, although I might be lying if you are in law enforcement. I've always felt that pot was better for the individual and society. My reasons:

- Alcohol can give you cirrhosis of the liver.

- pot does not negatively effect your health.

- Pot doesn't give you a hangover.

- Stoners don't have the ambition or the train of thought to get into a bar fight.

- Pot leaves no bottles or cans to overflow landfills.

- You don't have excessive urination when smoking pot.

- Pot is calorie free - although munchies may offset that point.

- Pot is not physically addictive.

What do you think?

piercehawkeye45 03-15-2007 08:55 PM

Neither is good for you (I will get to that later) even though I agree that booze is worse.

Pot can give you panic attacks if you smoke too much and it will give you the motivation of a snail. It isn't technically addicting but it can ruin lives from people becoming obsessed with it. Usually that will just involve being broke and not moving.

I won't go over the side effects of booze since we all know them but I will say this. When I get a house and have teenage neighbors I would much rather have them be paranoid stoners than obnoxious drinkers. I won't have cups, bottles, and pee all over my yard and I will be able to sleep on weekends.

Beestie 03-15-2007 09:01 PM

Booze is much, much worse.

Toymented 03-15-2007 09:01 PM

Pot stinks.

rigcranop 03-15-2007 09:34 PM

I don't think smoking some weed will result in driving north in the southbound lanes of an interstate.

zippyt 03-15-2007 09:52 PM

I don't think smoking some weed will result in driving north in the southbound lanes of an interstate.

At 5 mph in a 35 mph zone

footfootfoot 03-15-2007 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 323477)

At 5 mph in a 35 mph zone

That way you can be sure you aren't speeding!:worried:

rkzenrage 03-15-2007 10:12 PM

I have asked several cops if they have ever apprehended a violent criminal who was on pot alone, all have said no.

Aliantha 03-16-2007 02:04 AM

Everything in moderation. That's my motto. ;)

tw 03-16-2007 02:09 AM

Discussion must include references to a movie created to warn about this 'danger'. Movie was often shown in college so we would be informed. The 'powers that be' never understood what it really was - a comedy:
Reefer Madness

Aliantha 03-16-2007 02:17 AM

lol...sounds like a trip (yep, that was a drug reference). Now that we're on the subject, what about acid? Is is worse than booze or pot?

bluesdave 03-16-2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 323458)
- pot does not negatively effect your health

Not correct. There have been several research papers released over the last year or so, that indicate that long term use of pot causes various forms of psychosis. This does not suggest that alcohol is OK, BTW. In moderation, alcohol is not a problem. Like most "drugs", over use and excess will lead to real medical problems.

Aliantha 03-16-2007 02:28 AM

One of the main psychosis' becomming more apparent is the increase in diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. There's heaps of literature which supports this argument in relation to dope smoking.

My best friend has been diagnosed with it and her doctor firmly believes it's because she smoked too much dope during her formative years.

Aliantha 03-16-2007 02:28 AM

Now what about acid?

Undertoad 03-16-2007 08:02 AM

A friend of mine has smoked every day for the last 27 years. He's the most intelligent person I know.