The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hoo doggie! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6214)

blue 07-02-2004 01:09 AM

Hoo doggie!

Most of you know that I'm pretty much open book. Told you about my life, my bad days, my highs and my lows, my pride and my most embarrasing moments.

For the sake of argument, what do you do with a chain of thought so powerful you wouldn't share it with your spouse, your cellarites even. What then? Where then?

And no it's not me pervs, not a sexual thing, not a murder thing, not a psycho thing. But if you felt you couldn't share it with your spouse, best friend, or even relatively anonymous BBS people...then what box do you put that in?

Sun_Sparkz 07-02-2004 01:33 AM

Do you really NEED to tell anyone at all?

Its healthy to have your own secret thoughts and fantasies.

But damn it now i want to know!!!

blue 07-02-2004 01:46 AM

Tell anyone at all? Well maybe no, but things have a way of coming out on there own, eventually.

Its healthy: But it's not a fantasy or idle thought, and it is real life.

I want to know: Yeah, sorry about the tease factor, message me instead.

Yelof 07-02-2004 04:03 AM

Quote:

But if you felt you couldn't share it with your spouse, best friend, or even relatively anonymous BBS people
Share it with one of those nice spiritual auditors from the church of scientology and they'll happily blackmail you with it for the rest of your life ;)

Catwoman 07-02-2004 04:23 AM

Find someone you can tell EVERYTHING to. Who you can discuss ANY chain of thought with, no matter how corrupt, embarrassing or shocking. Find the person who will relish talking about it with you because of their interest in the mind, in humanity and in life. And if you do find that person, for god's sake hold onto them.

lumberjim 07-02-2004 08:20 AM

you were right the first time. tell your doggie. he'll never tell anyone, i promise

Yelof 07-02-2004 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim
tell your doggie. he'll never tell anyone, i promise

But don't tell a tree -link to relevent Irish Legend

blue 07-02-2004 09:28 AM

You know this is better advice than I expected.

Pie 07-02-2004 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim
you were right the first time. tell your doggie. he'll never tell anyone, i promise
"Roll that beautiful bean footage!"

- Pie

Beestie 07-02-2004 10:52 AM

Well, I don't know what blue's new miraculous idea is but I have some hunches:

A whole new offense for the Packers that no one can stop (*snicker*) - not even the Packer's offense.

A hands-free butt scratcher.

A beer-hat that holds a world-record 7 gallons of Pabst Blue Ribbon.

A way for Gilligan to finally get off the island.

I figure its one of these but it could be something else - any other ideas???

:D

ladysycamore 07-02-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pie

"Roll that beautiful bean footage!"

- Pie

Too funny...oh fuck it: LMAOOOO! (take THAT message board police!) :flipbird: *sighs* Sorry...:p

But back to the OP: isn't a diary/journal the place where you can put those inner-most thoughts that you wouldn't dare tell anyone? I know I did years ago (and now, I'd love to burn them because re-reading them is sooo embarrassing...but at the same time, I'd like to hold on to them for some sentimental reason or another). ;)

Sun_Sparkz 07-04-2004 09:23 PM

A journal is a great way to vent private issues, however if you must resort to this just be careful where its kept! Especially if the issues you are writing about (creating black and white proof of) are so private and confidential.. you dont want an unauthorised reader to stumble upon all your secrets!!