The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Anyone from Maryland? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9438)

Snow Flake 10-26-2005 12:00 AM

Anyone from Maryland?

huh?

Baltimore (Dundalk) here.

wolf 10-26-2005 12:23 AM

I go to Baltimore every other year for a conference ... but I guess that doesn't really count.

lumberjim 10-27-2005 12:11 PM

I'm from Maryland originally. Randlestown.

Happy Monkey 10-27-2005 12:15 PM

I live real close to the MD border...

russotto 10-27-2005 12:23 PM

Born in Balmer, lived in Columbia and Fredneck for a while.

bluecuracao 10-27-2005 03:18 PM

I live in Wheaton for a couple of years, long enough to develop hatred for Rockville drivers.

Dagney 10-27-2005 09:13 PM

I drive through Maryland at least once every 7 days.

Steve Thompson 04-03-2006 11:28 PM

I was born around Green Haven / Pasadena, then I moved to the White Marsh / Perry Hall area, and now I might move to Alabama...

barefoot serpent 04-06-2006 10:59 AM

So did Haussners Restaurant close? We used to go there whenever we went to DC (where my mother is from).

wolf 04-08-2006 02:47 AM

I was saddened to learn, on my last trip to Baltimore, that it did.

Apparently they had an auction of the art and dodads.

I do not know what became of the ball of string.

joelnwil 04-09-2006 02:08 PM

Yes, I live in Silver Spring, MD, and absolutely hate this state. This is the place where you sure pay more, but you get less for your taxes. They discontinued picking up trash in the parks in Montgomery County, for instance. Now they want me to volunteer to pick up trash. No way!

I would move to Texas, but my children are here, and that means something.

Well, there is a little park in downtown Silver Spring with a statue of a homeless person who was known as "The Mayor of Silver Spring". Of course, Silver Spring does not have a mayor because it is not incorporated, buy maybe he would have done a better job. Well putting up statues like that is something idiot liberals do, and I am beginning to believe that there is no other kind of liberal.

wolf 04-09-2006 03:17 PM

There is a very nice Montgomery County here in Pennsylvania that still has a few conservatives living in it. And it's not that long a drive to the People's Republic of Maryland.

Ibby 05-09-2006 12:28 AM

Columbia boy here, at least thats where I think of myself as from now. Don't live there anymore as of January, but thats where my girlfriend and all my other friends live, so yeah.

xoxoxoBruce 05-12-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joelnwil
snip~Well, there is a little park in downtown Silver Spring with a statue of a homeless person who was known as "The Mayor of Silver Spring". Of course, Silver Spring does not have a mayor because it is not incorporated, buy maybe he would have done a better job. Well putting up statues like that is something idiot liberals do, and I am beginning to believe that there is no other kind of liberal.

I remember the Mayor. He was very cool. :D