The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   High five my GenXers (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34970)

Undertoad 03-15-2020 05:20 PM

High five my GenXers

GenX is trending today. Our generation is getting credit for being the one to take it seriously. The Boomers just don't care. The Millenials are out at the bars! We're the only ones getting it right, as a whole.

This never happens, so fellow Xers, let's soak up the positive attention for five minutes.

Because WE KNOW ISOLATION.

We were the latchkey kids, whose parents worked. We came home to an empty house and played the early game consoles. At night we read under the covers with a flashlight.

Nobody in history quarantined better than the Breakfast Club. We dealt with Gremlins, so we know difficult invasive species can be. We survived dysentery on the Oregon Trail. And we already knew we were (stupid and) contagious - Kurt Cobain said so.

We will save humanity this time. This is our rare superhero moment.

xoxoxoBruce 03-15-2020 05:42 PM

Your 15 minutes, eh?
Wait a minute, aren't you guys responsible for getting the boomers on the internet? Three demerits for that fuck up. :facepalm:
You should have know they have no class.

sexobon 03-15-2020 06:55 PM

I claim special dispensation. Even though I'm at the tail end of the Leading-Edge Baby Boomers, I have an SF (Special Forces) medical qualification, NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) defense NCO qualification, and a couple of survival courses under my belt. It's not that I don't care, it's just that I've taken what I learned with me and have always been prepared. Hey, I could've been a Girl Scout!

For the past 30 years I've maintained what is needed for situations like this (without going overboard and becoming apocalyptic) in a large rucksack, 4 large duffel bags, a couple of large water cans and a couple of large fuel cans. It all fits in the car too. Whether it's something local or global, I don't have to go out and make it right; because, I've had it right all along. It's not just knowledge based, it's a mindset that allows me to coast through stuff like this. Few people of any age group have it.

Griff 03-15-2020 08:39 PM

We’ve trained our whole lives for this.

sexobon 03-15-2020 08:48 PM

It shows. I hope you have a full charge on your survival smartphone. :rolleyes:

Clodfobble 03-15-2020 08:56 PM

The worst part about quarantining is now there are all these OTHER people in my house all day. I need my fucking alone time.

sexobon 03-15-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1048563)
… I need my fucking alone time.

I hope you stocked up on batteries.

Clodfobble 03-15-2020 09:15 PM

Amateurs need batteries. Professionals have rechargeable equipment.

sexobon 03-15-2020 09:25 PM

It's thinking like that that causes more offspring to be conceived during extended power outages.

monster 03-15-2020 11:26 PM

Twins.

Corona and Covid.
Mask and TP
Soap and Water
Pand & Mick

monster 03-15-2020 11:35 PM

Gen X is pretty much all past reproducing, though. It'll only be coronaoopses from us :eek:

xoxoxoBruce 03-16-2020 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1048557)
For the past 30 years I've maintained what is needed for situations like this (without going overboard and becoming apocalyptic) in a large rucksack, 4 large duffel bags, a couple of large water cans and a couple of large fuel cans. It all fits in the car too.

So you're a closet prepper.

lumberjim 03-16-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1048566)
It's thinking like that that causes more offspring to be conceived during extended power outages.

this boom will be called the Coronial kids

monster 03-16-2020 08:57 AM

nice. but it will be the Millennials mostly using the term, so they'll have to abbreviate it. CORKs?

Griff 03-16-2020 09:09 AM

Boomers tell me all the Millennials live at home which means Corks will grow up in their Grandparent's houses. Good or bad for society?