The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Mornington Crescent (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13290)

CzinZumerzet 02-22-2007 05:50 PM

Oh yes! Me me me please!

WESTMINSTER

monster 02-22-2007 08:27 PM

using the Diana inverse sideline to get to Pimlico

CzinZumerzet 02-23-2007 08:31 AM

Protocol demands a following glissade toward the west, so more in hope than anything else,

Bond Street

monster 02-24-2007 10:47 PM

Earl's court

Cyclefrance 02-25-2007 04:56 PM

Now that creates an interesting dichotomy. Should we think of the aristocracy in which case there can only be one other choice of court.... but wait, perhaps the court referred to is one of play (would that be in, or out, I wonder - definitely 'in' according to American thinking) which would lead us in a southerly direction... but there is of course another, so I will play

TEMPLE

CzinZumerzet 02-26-2007 04:58 AM

As tribute to La Mirren and to HM I offer, of course:
QUEENSWAY:queen: :queen:
(2 queens this morning)

Cyclefrance 02-27-2007 07:17 AM

A timely yet bold introduction of the inspired double regal move so seldom witnessed at such an advanced stage of the game - not something I would have undertaken myself. I think PERIVALE is probably the best of the very few responses available.

monster 02-27-2007 12:30 PM

Oh now you've done it! According to my calculations, there are only two ways I can possibly prevent you from reaching MC next stop. If I use the Kline-Hope-Kline Jr. move that's going to get us stuck in the loop for a long time, but the alternative to Willesdon Junction is just so risky I don't think I'd dare try it, even with the anonymity of the internet. Nope. Sorry, it's got to be Dollis Hill.

Undertoad 02-27-2007 12:35 PM

Aha!!! Mornington Cre--

--

No. I'm sorry, I was... anticipatory.

My actual move is the rather pedestrian Barbican

monster 02-27-2007 09:22 PM

hmm.

British public transport and British public etiquette, eh? A bad mix.

Once again, I was waiting for someone else to jump into the fray, and whilst I was busy being so British, the last train on the line out of the loop sped through the station so I have to say....

Dollis Hill.

(sorry)

limey 02-28-2007 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 318702)
Aha!!! Mornington Cre--

--

No. I'm sorry, I was... anticipatory.

My actual move is the rather pedestrian Barbican

Oh UT, you so nearly scooped it there. I must say that I've been bowled over by the talent here in the Cellar (though of course I shouldn't have been surprised) both from people whe I knew were bound to be MC experts and from newcomers alike. This game is so enthralling ... the twists and turns, the erudite references to precedent, the asides, sidings and, junctions and points .... just fabulous.
But since Monster has put us through the Dollis Hill double, that does open up the rarely available possibility of taking a swerve round to Hangar Lane ...

CzinZumerzet 03-01-2007 07:26 AM

...and the swerve curves into the great swoop seldom attempted without grave risk to the following podumes. Seriously though, and without frightening the horses, I am lead to Galleons Reach as a compromise move.

Griff 03-01-2007 03:36 PM

pfft... seriously cz think before the play, that's no closure.

Aldwych

monster 03-01-2007 08:08 PM

Aldwych? Are you for real? Is it my birthday? I want cake.

Baker Street. :D

Undertoad 03-01-2007 08:14 PM

Barking Barking BARKING!

I go by "Barking Toad" sometimes when "Undertoad" is taken. Extra marks to anyone who gets the reference.