The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I just mashed ripe bananas in my hair... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9184)

itsjulie 09-18-2005 04:58 PM

I just mashed ripe bananas in my hair...

now off to blow dry it - The View said it was a great conditioner - this better work!

seakdivers 09-18-2005 05:04 PM

Did you rinse it out first?

itsjulie 09-18-2005 05:06 PM

I did - I brushed it out and am trying to get the meatloaf in before I dry it....it wasn't too easy to rinse out I'll tell you!

seakdivers 09-18-2005 05:12 PM

Get the meatloaf in where? Your hair?

itsjulie 09-18-2005 05:14 PM

LOL!! I am a big multi-tasker...got it in the oven and the baked potatoes, Man I HATE to cook, but thats another thread.

itsjulie 09-18-2005 05:15 PM

now get on over to my sex thread and plug a number in while I blow dry my hair!

seakdivers 09-18-2005 05:29 PM

yoiks!

Don't get your tasks mixed up - could get messy, what with the banana, the meatloaf, the blowing and the sex....

itsjulie 09-18-2005 05:37 PM

bananas and sex...hmmm...

Anyway, it is ok - the bananas in the hair that is...I think the hot oil treatment works better....

xoxoxoBruce 09-18-2005 06:30 PM

Let me guess...western CT.....near NY? :3_eyes:

seakdivers 09-18-2005 06:31 PM

Burt's Bees makes this avacado butter hair conditioner stuff that works awesome! I've never tried bananas before, but I did try mayo. Yuuuuuuuck....

itsjulie 09-18-2005 06:41 PM

No, xo - why, do I seem New Yorker ish?

seak - I really like Burts Bees products - I will give it a try...is your hair thick or thin? I heard about mayo - it didn't work?

seakdivers 09-18-2005 06:47 PM

My hair is thin yet fuzzy. Every girl's dream.
The mayo didn't really do anything, and I couldn't get that sandwichy smell out of my hair until the next time I washed it.

Eeeew.

Hey - I forgot to mention I'm making meatloaf for dinner too! (however it's only 3:40 or so here, so I won't actually be cooking it for a while)

itsjulie 09-18-2005 06:53 PM

my hair is thick, so I am always looking to thin it out...

I am sure your meatloaf will taste MUCH better - I only strive for edible...what do you put in yours? First, I use turkey burger, an egg, some bread crumbs, milk and a tablespoon or so of tomatoe soup, mush it all together then the rest of the soup goes on top....

seakdivers 09-18-2005 07:31 PM

Well, tonight I am making stuffed meatloaf.

What I do is take the lean ground beef, and mix it up with a couple of eggs, some Panko breading, assorted bits of bell pepper, some Johnny's seasoning, woooshdeshire sauce (that's how my dad says it), a little soy sauce & some minced garlic, then let it set/ soak for a couple hours in the fridge.

Then.... I cut up some mushrooms and some red onion and saute 'em in butter & add a bit more Johnny's.

After the meat has soaked, you squish or roll it into a thin rectangle, and spread the mushroom stuff on top, and then roll it up like a jelly roll.

You put it in your pan seam side down, and squish down the two open edges to seal it, then you cover it with strips of bacon, and then cover it in ketchup to seal the whole mess in.

Bake at 350 until it's done! Yum!

Normally I make my meatloaf with the mushroom & onions incorporated into the meat mixture, but I thought I would do something different tonight.

lumberjim 09-18-2005 08:37 PM

julie.....you're single and you're making meatloaf. ~red flag~

unless....my assumption of your recent reference to your 'ex' misses the existence of your current beau. anyway.......wouldn't yours be called Turkey loaf?