The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The Coming Fall of Civilization (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9361)

Griff 10-16-2005 07:19 PM

The Coming Fall of Civilization

Let's see, the media is pimping terrorism, global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, pandemics, and an energy crisis now. Since civilization is about to fall ;) what will you miss the most? Is it the Cellar, chocolate, the Glenlivet, affordable shoes, stinky cheese, new books, medicine..? Name your global economy must have or something else...

marichiko 10-16-2005 07:47 PM

A hot shower. If things ever became so bad that civilization fell apart, there would be no more public utilities. No water pumped right to your house, no natural gas or electricity to heat it. Yeah, you can boil water over a fire, but you're not going to be able to manage a shower with it. You miss the little things the most, I'm telling ya'. Just ask those folks who were stranded in NO after Katrina. ;)

God 10-16-2005 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
Since civilization is about to fall

Yes, the boy's lacing up his jump boots now. Prepare yourself for round 2.

God

dar512 10-16-2005 08:37 PM

Medicine. Without modern medicine, I'd be pushing daisies sooner rather than later.

I'm hoping this is a passing thing. :worried:

wolf 10-16-2005 10:33 PM

High Speed Internet and Cheese Curls.

My needs are actually relatively simple.

xoxoxoBruce 10-16-2005 10:51 PM

Miss? Why youze guys, of course. ;)

Tonchi 10-17-2005 01:22 AM

Hot running water and flush toilets. After all, that is what always separated civilized people from the rest of the world :)

Sundae 10-17-2005 06:06 AM

Food shopping.

I hate to think of having to chase a chicken up & down my road rather than popping into the local supermarket and to buy a fillet neatly wrapped with a printed label telling me when to eat it.

I just have this notion that I'm not a natural forager, unless poncing food off other people's plates counts.

I suppose its one way to lose the weight though.

Elspode 10-17-2005 05:11 PM

I would miss not having to post an armed guard while everyone else slept, being able to pay someone else to bring hot pizza to my door when I'm hungry, and not being dead because I can't get my meds.

Trilby 10-17-2005 05:28 PM

Hot water, definitely. And jewelry.

lumberjim 10-17-2005 05:44 PM

football, new shoes, light switches, REFRIDGERATION, air conditioning,....

ok, 3 of the first 5 things i picked were electric. so i'll say electricity......and toilet paper

marichiko 10-17-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode
I would miss not having to post an armed guard while everyone else slept, being able to pay someone else to bring hot pizza to my door when I'm hungry, and not being dead because I can't get my meds.

Sly, Patrick! So, you'd miss your pizza delivery job, eh? I'm gearing up for the annual phonebook run, myself! ;)

Lost Soul 10-17-2005 09:28 PM

I would miss nothing

darclauz 10-17-2005 11:23 PM

diet coke machines and fans at night. i can't sleep without a fan at night. of course, if i was dead, it wouldn't matter of course.

bury me with a fan.

lheene 10-18-2005 02:36 AM

the chaotic life per se. the nerve racking mankind.