The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

glatt 04-27-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 336724)
Got a call from my wife a few minutes ago. She had been able to secure some ammonia from the grocery store, and has doused two rags thoroughly with the foul stuff and shoved them into the base of our chimney where the furnace hooks into it. Hopefully that will drive our resident raccoon away. She's also called a chimney sweep to install a chimney cap later in the week. If the raccoon isn't gone by then, the chimney $weep can remove it for a $mall fee.

Moral of the story? You may be able to get away without a chimney cap for many many years, but eventually the lack of a cap will be a bigger problem than if you had just put one on in the first place.

I know you were all wondering how this turned out, and were worried for me.

Well, as it turns out, there was a break long enough in the showers that the roof dried off this afternoon, and the chimney sweep was willing to climb up there at the appointed time. The raccoon was no longer in the chimney. It had been driven away by the liberal application of ammonia soaked rags by us. The chimney sweep inspected the chimney and found no bedding materials brought in by the raccoon. He capped the chimney, wrote up an estimate to have some minor mortar repair done, and charged us a measly $113 dollars for the whole deal. I feel like we won the lottery. I was thinking we would have to pay a lot more, since everything is always outrageous around here.

glatt is one happy dude. :)

Cloud 04-27-2007 02:40 PM

fantastic!

xoxoxoBruce 04-27-2007 05:00 PM

Why didn't you fire up the fireplace and furnace? Roasted coon is tasty.

Cloud 04-27-2007 09:49 PM

it came to me again today: I am so, SO glad I'm not married!

TheMercenary 04-27-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 338237)
I know you were all wondering how this turned out, and were worried for me.

Well, as it turns out, there was a break long enough in the showers that the roof dried off this afternoon, and the chimney sweep was willing to climb up there at the appointed time. The raccoon was no longer in the chimney. It had been driven away by the liberal application of ammonia soaked rags by us. The chimney sweep inspected the chimney and found no bedding materials brought in by the raccoon. He capped the chimney, wrote up an estimate to have some minor mortar repair done, and charged us a measly $113 dollars for the whole deal. I feel like we won the lottery. I was thinking we would have to pay a lot more, since everything is always outrageous around here.

glatt is one happy dude. :)

Call me I'll come over and charge you twice that if it would make you feel better. :D

SadistSecret 04-27-2007 10:53 PM

Will work for pancakes.

duck_duck 04-27-2007 10:58 PM

I wish I could have a pizza for lunch.

DucksNuts 04-28-2007 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 337955)
"about" Dangerous word.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 338100)
The army dude, wasn't it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 338133)
I need an Aussie/American dictionary. Does "up the duff" mean what I think it means? Are congratulations in order?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 338145)
It means what you think it does, but her being "panicky" probably means a celebration isn't forefront in her mind.

Hmmm, home pregnancy kit says Negatori! I still feel funky.

In all honesty, I wouldve accepted the congratulations :) but would of been shitting myself telling him and waiting for him to come back from Iraq. He will be down here on pre deployment leave in 2 weeks, then I wont see him until the end of the year.

We have had the *what if* talk and he wants more kids, but I dont think he would of wanted them under these circumstances.

I dont know whether I want him to be the father of my children just yet though :)

Clod - Hows the foot?? thats some nasty bruising.

Cloud - youre not married? why are you happy? I'm a bit hazy on your circumstances. :blush:

My US friend (from WI) sent his stuffed raccoon over here for a holiday. I'm thinking I need to Flat Stanley him, so will have to take a trip to Sydney to get the compulsory Sydney Opera House pic.

:D Glatt

Cloud 04-28-2007 10:30 AM

I just got up this morning, looked in the mirror . . . and scared myself.

EEK!

King 04-28-2007 01:46 PM

Must...increase...post count...

richlevy 04-28-2007 04:57 PM

I felt the need to add to my post count and here is my post.

I feel so....cheap.

:p

freshnesschronic 04-29-2007 04:13 AM

Family Guy is hilarious.
I am watching Season 1 (which I downloaded yesterday) right now.

Lois: "Oh no!"
Meg: "Oh no!"
Chris:"Oh no!"
<<Mr. Kool-Aid bursts out of wall>>
Mr. Kool-Aid: "Oh yeahhhh!"

shit that was so funny

Sun_Sparkz 04-29-2007 07:13 AM

mother FUUUUCKKKKKKEEER

Cloud 04-29-2007 10:47 AM

awful lot of animals around here: ducks, goats, toads, foxes . . . Maybe the Cellars is really a zoo in disguise!

Cloud 04-29-2007 01:44 PM

anyone know what those motorized 2-wheel upright scooter thingies that the meter maids, etc. use are called?