The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What does your scar look like RFN? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23384)

gtown 08-16-2010 11:44 PM

What does your scar look like RFN?

1 Attachment(s)
My idea for this thread is scars and their stories, though I'm really not the right person to start this. I don't have dangerous work or hobbies so my scars are small, but they still are pretty fascinating to me, especially the ones I've been wearing for decades. I expect there are much more dramatic ones (scars and stories) in this dark Cellar with the rickety stairs.

As these pics demonstrate, I also realized how hard it is to get a pale scar on pale skin to show up well.

My fave is this little one on my knuckle. From this angle it looks like an upside down "C". It's from sometime around 1979 when I was about 11. Earlier in the day some bowl (an all-white glass one with some green design on the outside) had broken and been put in the trash. Later I had something to put in the trash and for some reason, instead of dropping the item in, I shoved my hand in and promptly sliced my knuckle, leaving a little flap of skin. As soon as I felt it I knew what had happened, so I could very well have been the one to throw out the bowl in the first place. Quite bright, I know...

gtown 08-16-2010 11:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a two-fer on my poor, hairy thigh.

The barely visible knife cut at the top is from around 1986, freshman year of college when I was a Show Assistant in the Rice MOB. I was cutting downward through cardboard with a big, gray box cutter, sliced right through and jabbed it into my thigh. Quite bright, I know...

Luckily it was a sharp blade so I barely felt it stick in. A few stitches later and I was fine.

The other one is the the result of a cat attack earlier in the year, as documented here. It's fresh, so who knows if it will still be around in 20 years.

xoxoxoBruce 08-17-2010 12:00 AM

UT couldn't afford the bandwith for all my scars. :lol2:

casimendocina 08-17-2010 06:17 AM

I have about a 5 cm scar on my arm which was the indirect result of someone asking me "have you been working out"?

I had a lipoma which had gone from pea size to the size of half a tennis ball in about 4 years. This question was the decider for getting it cut out.

squirell nutkin 08-17-2010 08:41 AM

"Have you been working out?" Nice one.

Trilby 08-17-2010 08:43 AM

Cat scar beats knife scar!

Lamplighter 08-17-2010 12:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not exactly RFN... a few days after Spay Day

Nirvana 08-17-2010 02:41 PM

Shouldn't that be in the dog pr0n thread? :eyebrow:

Cloud 08-17-2010 05:16 PM

I got you all beat. But have no pics, (who takes pics of their ugliness?) so be patient.

gtown 08-17-2010 09:26 PM

Thanks for the sharing, we look forward to your story Cloud.

gtown 08-17-2010 09:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My wife wanted to join in on the fun. Here are two scar stories from her.

The first, starting in the middle of her second toe and to the base of her big toe, happened when she was 3 or 4 and living in Nicaragua. It was raining (as it does during the rainy season) and her mother always told her not to go out without shoes. She didn't want to take the time to put them on so she ran out barefoot and as soon as she jumped in a puddle formed by roof runoff, she cut her toes on a can lid. Her mother rushed her to Dr. Manah (they all called him Dr. Mango) who bandaged it up and gave her some shots.

The second, a slice on her hand similar in shape to the one on my knuckle, happened at bath time when she was about 8 and living in Texas. Not paying attention, she got into the tub and put her hand down on her mother's razor that was on the edge. She sliced it, got lots of blood and a trip to the ER. She remembers feeling bad because before that it had been such a fun evening.

TheMercenary 08-17-2010 10:57 PM

Weak.

Tulip 08-18-2010 12:02 AM

I've got a scar on my forehead, which happened when I was three or so. I'll take a picture and tell the story later. :p:

Gravdigr 08-18-2010 12:38 AM

You just know Tulip's scar will be prettier than the rest...

Gravdigr 08-18-2010 01:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Brown recluse bite on the back of my leg...Second pic is right hand. I was wearing a pair of those fuzzy cotton gloves with the gripper dots on the palm whilst power brushing the end rings on an electric motor rotor. Did I mention the brush was on the end of a three horsepower 3500 rpm electric motor? Yeah, fuzzy gloves and powerbrushes don't mix well.

Broke all the bones in my pinkie and ring fingers, all the associated knuckles, and all the bones between them and my wrist. Never so much as broke the skin...Doc said the accident should've degloved the hand. As in 'rip-the-skin-muscles-and-all-right-off-the-hand'. Eight months of pins, casts and light duty, one handed work...Good times, man, good times.