The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Your own personal Ban Hammer (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35393)

limey 10-11-2020 02:54 PM

Your own personal Ban Hammer

BigV makes a very good point. If anyone, new or old, is finding the posts of an individual trying or offensive, you can add them to your own "ignore" list and never see their irritating or offensive posts ever again.
It is a very useful tool and may help to calm things down a bit.

sexobon 10-11-2020 03:30 PM

That has limitations. It doesn't work for registered users unless they're logged in and many log in only to post. It doesn't stop lurkers from believing that disinformation, going unchallenged by dwellars who have it on ignore, is sanctioned by the Cellar as a whole which can alienate lurkers and curtail new memberships. It's really only serves the whole community well by preventing spats over simple dislikes and time wasters. YMMV.

footfootfoot 10-11-2020 10:22 PM

And it will show up as quoted posts in another user's replies.

What I'd like is a way to tag Lazarus threads so I don't open them up and start reading only to discover that the thread is 10 years old and Dude or Jaminhealth has decided to reply to a user who is no longer active.
Maybe if there was a way to archive them so they could be read but not replied to.

monster 10-11-2020 10:34 PM

Doesn't really matter any more anyway as SpamJamThankUmam so gleefully points out. Repeatedly. And she's done all the damage she can. Right? right? I mean, can you sink lower than dragging up a misery thread started by someone when they had recently lost their partner of 30 years and telling them to be thankful they're not in Syria? Oh and that they could and should have saved their loved one with basilisk oil? Oh wait, yes you probably can when you have extended your life Voldemort style and then realize you have nothing to do with all that time....

What?

footfootfoot 10-12-2020 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1060163)
Doesn't really matter any more anyway as SpamJamThankUmam so gleefully points out. Repeatedly. And she's done all the damage she can. Right? right? I mean, can you sink lower than dragging up a misery thread started by someone when they had recently lost their partner of 30 years and telling them to be thankful they're not in Syria? Oh and that they could and should have saved their loved one with basilisk oil? Oh wait, yes you probably can when you have extended your life Voldemort style and then realize you have nothing to do with all that time....

What?

CAN WE GET A WITNESS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS?

DanaC 10-12-2020 03:54 PM

Wow. I really have missed a metric fuckton of stuff haven't I?

sexobon 10-12-2020 07:44 PM

In American English, we would say a metric Fton of stuff.

footfootfoot 10-12-2020 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1060333)
In American English, we would say a metric Fton of stuff.

And if we're not being vulgar we'd say a metric Fton of st*ff. But then again, we might not. At 82/1.366 my memory ain't as good as it used to be.

monster 10-13-2020 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1060337)
a metric Fton of st*ff.

that sounds quite fun, if only I could remember what to do with it. I'm 82/1.64, you know....

footfootfoot 10-13-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1060404)
that sounds quite fun, if only I could remember what to do with it. I'm 82/1.64, you know....

That was marvelously disturbing.

Gravdigr 10-13-2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1060163)

What?

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1060201)
CAN WE GET A WITNESS, BROTHERS AND SISTERS?

AMEN, BROTHER AND SISTER!!!

monster 10-13-2020 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1060419)
That was marvelously disturbing.

When Spitting Image was on air originally, The Queen Mum used to regularly pop and say "I'm 92 you know!" Which has now irreversibly changed to a similar number in my head, but this was the only clip I could find on youtube of her on that "meme"

I miss it. Whilst looking for this, I found some of the recent revival which I had been so excited about because the outgoing imPOTUS lends himself so well to the genre..... but I found his character quite lame :neutral: I get that it's hard to pick a trait and exaggerate it even further but.... nothing like Thatcher, Major and Tebbit. and the vegetables....