The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   North Carolina bans gay marriage, Prez O endorses it! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27320)

Stormieweather 05-22-2012 04:04 PM

When did it become ok to sound like a nazi or white supremacist? Since when is it tolerable to incite violence against those we disagree with? To advocate torture and murder and eradication of those who are different than we are?

And yet, we have preachers and political leaders and other people of influence doing just that. Why isn't there widespread outrage and rebuke of such bigotry?

I'm sincerely afraid for the future of the human race if we continue down this path.

piercehawkeye45 05-22-2012 04:40 PM

Besides a very select portion of the population, I don't think anyone thinks that speech was "okay".

There is minimum outrage because no one is surprised a preacher in North Carolina would say that. It is no different than those Westboro fucks...

classicman 05-22-2012 11:07 PM

^^^WHS^^^

Stormieweather 05-23-2012 08:51 AM

Seriously? You think this is an isolated incident? :eyebrow:

BigV 05-23-2012 10:18 AM

Not an isolated incident, not at all. In addition to being bigoted and hateful, it is stupid and logically ... unsound. He's right. No parthenogenesis in the lesbian enclosure, no adoption in the gay cage; no reproduction. They probably would die there, given his plan, terrible and horrific as it is. My question is this, though, you stupid hater: since "they" can't reproduce, since they can't make "more", I want you to explain to me where "they" came from in the first place.

Ignorant hateful fuck.

piercehawkeye45 05-23-2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormieweather (Post 812794)
Seriously? You think this is an isolated incident? :eyebrow:

I never said isolated. I said very select portion of the population. Big difference.

infinite monkey 05-23-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Wolf (Post 812681)
This guy must not have gotten that memo... his focus on is the Presidency.

Regarding NC's official anti-gay rights stance, it didn't take long for a pastor to publicly go so far around the bend that he's gonna rear-end it.

Good lord, can't we just nuke NC? Listen to these assholes, especially that bursting at the seams boy in the car. Adam and Steve...oh how fucking original. What a clever little dumbass.

Also, gay people don't necessarily beget gay people. Dumbass reporter should have told him that. How stupid does a group of people need to be before they die off from freaking stupidity?

"You need to lay off my pasture."

Fucking numnut fuck.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_bn1...n-fall-out.cnn

Cyber Wolf 05-24-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 812834)
Good lord, can't we just nuke NC? Listen to these assholes, especially that bursting at the seams boy in the car. Adam and Steve...oh how fucking original. What a clever little dumbass.

Also, gay people don't necessarily beget gay people. Dumbass reporter should have told him that. How stupid does a group of people need to be before they die off from freaking stupidity?

Fucking numnut fuck.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_bn1...n-fall-out.cnn

Loyalty is a fine thing... :rolleyes:

richlevy 05-24-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 812834)

Fucking numnut fuck.

Hey, have some sympathy for the guy. If his sister had run a little faster, he might have ended up gay.

Madman 05-25-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormieweather (Post 812711)
When did it become ok to sound like a nazi or white supremacist? Since when is it tolerable to incite violence against those we disagree with? To advocate torture and murder and eradication of those who are different than we are?

And yet, we have preachers and political leaders and other people of influence doing just that. Why isn't there widespread outrage and rebuke of such bigotry?

I'm sincerely afraid for the future of the human race if we continue down this path.

Preachers and political leaders are inciting violence, advocating torture, murder and eradication? OMG! Who's doing that?

North Carolina... doesn't bother me one little bit.

Here's the states where same sex marriage is legal: New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Iowa, Vermont, and New Hampshire.

morethanpretty 05-25-2012 09:00 PM

It may be a distraction, but its damaging all the same.

Clodfobble 05-26-2012 04:44 PM

I'm just glad that for once it's North Carolina being a bunch of dipshits, and not Texas.

richlevy 05-27-2012 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 813121)
I'm just glad that for once it's North Carolina being a bunch of dipshits, and not Texas.

NC did not even make the final eight in Bill Maher's Stupidest State brackets.

But SC did....

morethanpretty 05-27-2012 03:20 AM

Wow, I can't believe Texas didn't make the list. We tried to defund planned parenthood ffs, and held a convention to pray for rain.

DanaC 05-27-2012 05:07 AM

Say what? A convention to pray for rain?

Wow.