The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   March 23, 2007: Cat says his own name (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13649)

Undertoad 03-23-2007 10:45 AM

March 23, 2007: Cat says his own name

http://cellar.org/2007/Agui.jpg

Making the rounds (Spluch, Neato) is this item.
Quote:

Mr Sun, from Beijing, says two-year-old Agui says his name when he gets frightened.

"Last year I was helping him take a bath, and he was scared of the water. After couple of 'miaows, I heard a clear 'Agui'," he said.

"At first I doubted what I was hearing, but he kept calling his name, very clearly, and sounding like a child."

Mr Sun says that from then on, Agui has said his own name whenever he is frightened.
Full story

But this IotD is nothing without the video...

Shawnee123 03-23-2007 10:50 AM

I don't know that I hear a cat...I hear a bunch of chinese people beepin' their heads off. ;)

Trilby 03-23-2007 11:14 AM

Um...I thought cats were self-cleaning :weird:

Happy Monkey 03-23-2007 11:39 AM

Here are a bunch of talking cats. They really sound wierd.

mbrutsch 03-23-2007 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 325580)
Um...I thought cats were self-cleaning :weird:

Oh, they are, but sometimes they get into things that they shouldn't ingest, like cleaning or automotive products (soap, motor oil, etc). :greenface

Having washed a few cats in my time, I must say Agui is taking his cleaning with remarkably un-feline aplomb.

Shawnee123 03-23-2007 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 325567)
I don't know that I hear a cat...I hear a bunch of chinese people beepin' their heads off. ;)

I'm serious...I can't tell that the cat is making that noise, though I know it's very catlike (sounds in heat.) All I hear is a bunch of cackling chinese and I don't see the cat even move its mouth. I think they're just stupid, the cat is much smarter than they, and I hope they're not washing it to cook it for dinner.

glatt 03-23-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 325596)
and I hope they're not washing it to cook it for dinner.

:lol2:

Sheldonrs 03-23-2007 12:28 PM

Nothing more annoying than a pussy that screams it's own name. :D

Shawnee123 03-23-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 325612)
Nothing more annoying than a pussy that screams it's own name. :D

Remind me not to invite you to one of my 'parties' :eek:

seakdivers 03-23-2007 12:36 PM

My youngest cat talks when she's hungry. She will sit by her food bowl, and I will ask "who wants food?" and she will let out a pathetic little "meeeee". :)

gmr2048 03-23-2007 12:52 PM

BS!

I call BS. I bet the cat's name was something like "Ralph" before they heard the bath-time moans. Then some enterprising person with a video camera said "If we change his name to the sound he's making, it will be way cooler. And who knows, maybe we'll even win $10k on that American Funny Video show!".

Just like my cat. He says his name when his tail gets caught under the rocking chair. His name is "MEOWRAROWOWROARMEOWOWOW". Hell of a coincidence, no?

-gary

Sundae 03-23-2007 12:56 PM

My cat Dylan says my name, but the video wouldn't be very impressive - he only says it when he's outside my bedroom door bullying me to get up.

And he can't even pronounce it properly.

You'll get my opinion on this video where I'm somewhere where net nanny hasn't blocked it :mecry:

Shawnee123 03-23-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmr2048 (Post 325622)
I call BS. I bet the cat's name was something like "Ralph" before they heard the bath-time moans. Then some enterprising person with a video camera said "If we change his name to the sound he's making, it will be way cooler. And who knows, maybe we'll even win $10k on that American Funny Video show!".

Just like my cat. He says his name when his tail gets caught under the rocking chair. His name is "MEOWRAROWOWROARMEOWOWOW". Hell of a coincidence, no?

-gary

Oh, they wouldn't do THAT, would they? I've never known asians to do wacky things for attention...they wouldn't write with a pencil in their eye, take communal baths in chocolate, or ride around in a giant shoe car.
Bandwidth restraints stop me from going on...and on....and on...

AZjanny 03-23-2007 02:00 PM

:eyebrow: Did she help the cat bathe by using her tongue?

Elspode 03-23-2007 06:40 PM

These people are fools. The cat is clearly saying "Mogwai", warning them to stop getting her wet.