The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

morethanpretty 12-09-2012 11:29 PM

quick rundown:
I've had some low points. Its increasingly obvious that I have little impulse control. I had surgery Wed the 28 to take out my tonsils and fix my sinuses up some. Recovery is going slow and I'm not fully capable of taking care of myself but my mom lacks the common sense she needs to figure out that if I can't be responsible for taking my pain medication right (cuz i'm too out of it to know what I'm doing) Then maybe I haven't been taking my other meds right. I'm finally starting to be able to tell what day it is and where I am, ect, so I should be able to start back on all my meds. If I can't stay off the narcotic pain killer through the night then I should be able to go home tomorrow.

infinite monkey 12-10-2012 07:09 AM

Moar! Girl, take care of yourself. :flower:

Trilby 12-10-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 841549)
Facebook tells me that there's going to be a royal baby. A little heir to the throne.

So there's that.

If they are twins-do they fight to the death? or is it just the first one that pops out? b/c that doesn't seem really very fair and if I was twin number two I'd spend a lot of time plotting my revenge.

MTP---so good to hear from you though you are sick and messed up I'd been wondering about you. I'm sorry about ur tonsil but you will get better soon. Glad to hear from you!!

Lamplighter 12-10-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 841549)
Facebook tells me that there's going to be a royal baby. A little heir to the throne.

So there's that.

But the royal family has housemaids to clean it, and the entire W.C.

Crimson Ghost 12-11-2012 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 841229)
Same thing you use for getting blood out of a clown suit.

I just toss mine in the furnace with the bodies.

infinite monkey 12-11-2012 12:00 PM

Fuck it. I'm going to get some chocolate.

footfootfoot 12-11-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost (Post 843151)
I just toss mine in the furnace with the bodies.

Knowing that sooner would have saved me lots of time.

ZenGum 12-11-2012 06:55 PM

Yeah, but you go through a hell of a lot of clown suits.

Crimson Ghost 12-11-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 843271)
Knowing that sooner would have saved me lots of time.

Remember, I'm German.
We have a... history... with furnaces...

Lola Bunny 12-12-2012 01:36 PM

Boy, am I hungry.

BigV 12-12-2012 01:38 PM

roast something

Lola Bunny 12-12-2012 02:59 PM

Takes too long...

ZenGum 12-12-2012 05:12 PM

Hobo sashimi?

Trilby 12-12-2012 05:39 PM

Zen knows his sashimi from his sushi.

BigV 12-12-2012 06:08 PM

clown tartare?

footfootfoot 12-12-2012 06:33 PM

*snort*

Lola Bunny 12-13-2012 11:27 PM

So, I was at temple, doing piece work. I was in a corner with this other two ladies. Things were starting to crowd around me so I got on my knees, lifted a heavy basket and put it aside. This one lady told me I shouldn't reach over with heavy objects because I could hurt my spine. Then she asked me, " Are you 48 yet?" Really?? She thinks I look 48?

Trilby 12-14-2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 843717)
So, I was at temple, doing piece work. I was in a corner with this other two ladies. Things were starting to crowd around me so I got on my knees, lifted a heavy basket and put it aside. This one lady told me I shouldn't reach over with heavy objects because I could hurt my spine. Then she asked me, " Are you 48 yet?" Really?? She thinks I look 48?

Not one inch of you looks 48.

And I know from crones. You look like you're in your twenties.
she either had poor eyesight or was jealous or off her meds (it happens)

Lola Bunny 12-14-2012 12:50 PM

Hehe....She is an odd person. Got no idea if she was joking or not.

Lola Bunny 12-14-2012 12:54 PM

Btw, Triby, I've got no idea where you think you're a crone. You don't even look old to me. Unless you mean you feel like a crone, then I'll be there soon. :p

Clodfobble 12-14-2012 01:19 PM

48 is an odd cutoff, too. Why is that the age when your spine becomes in danger?

infinite monkey 12-14-2012 03:10 PM

I. Am. Done.

sexobon 12-14-2012 03:20 PM

Well done.

footfootfoot 12-14-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 843811)
48 is an odd cutoff, too. Why is that the age when your spine becomes in danger?

INCHES. Are you 48 inches yet? She was dissing your height.

Lola Bunny 12-14-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

It's not the spine being in danger. It's when you're weak, you can throw your back when you carry things heavier than you're capable of. She later said since she doesn't do any manual labor, her back is weak. I didn't feel the need to respond.

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 843854)
INCHES. Are you 48 inches yet? She was dissing your height.

I am 57 inches, damnit. :lol:

orthodoc 12-14-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

48 kilos? Maybe she was complimenting you on your weight? :p:

orthodoc 12-14-2012 05:33 PM

With my blurry vision, I read the title of this thread as 'Be a goat whore!'.

I thought it was a clone thread. Guess it's time to spring for new lenses ...

Lola Bunny 12-14-2012 05:44 PM

Woman, that's hardly a compliment. I'm 49 kilos now, and I want to lose 4.5 kilos.

orthodoc 12-14-2012 05:55 PM

Sorry, I'm just really bad at jokes. :(

Lola Bunny 12-14-2012 06:06 PM

Hehe...for an average height person, 48 kilos is a pretty good weight. I just happen to be a midget, I mean dwarf, uh...oh hell...smurf, that's all. :D (I'm not very PC, hehe.)

Ortho: Joke away, joke away. :D

Aliantha 12-14-2012 06:12 PM

You're the wrong colour to be a smurf Lola. lol

Lola Bunny 12-14-2012 06:34 PM

But I'm just the perfect size, lol. :D

Aliantha 12-14-2012 07:56 PM

Maybe. lol I like short people. My mum was 5 feet tall and nothing on top. She only came up to about my shoulder, but she was so cute. Just like you, only she didn't look Asian. lol

Lola Bunny 12-14-2012 09:14 PM

She sure was petite. How tall are you, Ali?

Aliantha 12-14-2012 10:18 PM

A touch over 5'7, so quite a bit taller. About the same height as my Dad. My brother is 6' tall, and both the older boys look like being over 6' tall. Every generation gets taller apparently, so who knows. Maybe there's hope for future generations Lola. ;)

sexobon 12-14-2012 11:11 PM

My hypothesis is that it's a genetic adaptation to pollution which enables homo sapiens to rise above what settles to ground level.

Sundae 12-15-2012 04:54 AM

Depends who you breed with I think.
My sister is the shortest of all of us and she has a daughter even shorter than herself.
Luckily, she's bred with a tall man, so hopefully the rot stops there.

Neither Steven nor I are inclined to participate in the experiement anyway, so the data may be skewed.

Trilby 12-15-2012 05:48 AM

I feels like a crone, lola bunny, I FEELS it.

for some reason for the past six months I've been feeling a bit like i'm on chemo====legs ache constantly, knees are killing me like spikes, hips, lower back---all ache and hurt all day long and night, too. I get up to take advil. and I'm tiiiiiiiiiiiiiired (Madeline Kahn voice) I can only manage one 'thing' a day and I'm killed. I've heard I need iron, vitamin D, a bone scan...all that. gotta wait till after the holidays though as I'm tapped out and can't even afford my doc co-pay!

but I'm really creaky and horribly old. at least in my joints.

PS that glucosomine chondroitine stuff? it's like 40.00 a bottle!!!!!!!!!!!

Lola Bunny 12-15-2012 08:00 AM

$40 a bottle?? A generic brand costs much less than that. My mom'a doc said it's ok for her so that what I get for her. Would it be ok for you to take the generic brand?

Lamplighter 12-15-2012 08:02 AM

The Atlantic
By Megan Garber
Dec 15 2012, 8:27 AM ET

What Were the Last Words Spoken on the Moon?

Quote:

Probably not, alas, "let's get this mother out of here" ..

Forty years ago, December 14 at 5:54:37 p.m. EST, humans left the moon for the last time.
But how did the three men who made that departure -- taking their last small steps,
their last great leaps from the lunar surface -- mark that occasion?
What parting words did they leave to the moon, and to their fellow humans, and to history?
<snip>
If my wife had been there, the last words would have been:
"Wait, I forgot to turn off the coffee pot"

Trilby 12-15-2012 08:02 AM

I think that WAS generic!!

can I be rude and ask how much per bottle you pay?

Pico and ME 12-15-2012 08:14 AM

Tril, hows your diet? What are you eating everyday? Are you getting enough protein at every meal?

Trilby 12-15-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 843956)
Tril, hows your diet? What are you eating everyday? Are you getting enough protein at every meal?

Probably not. I'm eating a lot of grains and those veggie burgers that you buy frozen and heat up-----but only b/c I've been too lazy to eat well and I don't trust frozen meat burgers you can microwave. I feel really good on Atkins but it's very expensive...all that meat...cheese; but I feel good and energized when I do it.

Chocolatl 12-15-2012 09:17 AM

Iron supplements are pretty cheap and can be had OTC. Might be a good place to start. After I had the baby, I was anemic enough to be at "needs a blood transfusion" levels and I felt exhausted, but taking iron supplements helped perk me back up.

Trilby 12-15-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocolatl (Post 843962)
Iron supplements are pretty cheap and can be had OTC. Might be a good place to start. After I had the baby, I was anemic enough to be at "needs a blood transfusion" levels and I felt exhausted, but taking iron supplements helped perk me back up.

How long did it take before you felt better?

Lola Bunny 12-15-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby (Post 843954)
I think that WAS generic!!

can I be rude and ask how much per bottle you pay?

Not rude at all. I don't remember exactly, I got it at Costco. It was like $18 or $20 or so.

Chocolatl 12-15-2012 10:50 AM

It's hard to say since I was also recovering from a C-section and dealing with a newborn, but... probably a month? My blood was literally the consistency of Kool-Aid and I didn't have the energy for much of anything. I'm still taking them four months later. There's iron in the multivitamin I take, but if I stop taking an additional supplement I can feel the exhaustion set in within a day or two.

My husband takes B12 vitamins and they help his energy level a lot. Maybe just start with a good multi?

morethanpretty 12-15-2012 11:42 PM

My sis and I are fighting and we're not getting anywhere with reconciliation.

Lola Bunny 12-16-2012 10:13 AM

So sorry to hear, MTP. :(

morethanpretty 12-18-2012 05:13 PM

Went to the doc last night, I've got an pharyngitis with an upper respiratory infection. Oh and did I mention I had balloon sinuplasty and a tonsillectomy only 20 days ago? Yup, recovery is going so well.

Lola Bunny 12-18-2012 09:35 PM

Again, so sorry to hear, MTP. :( I hope you'll on the road of recovery and stay on it.

Shawnee123 12-23-2012 09:23 PM

Hale yeah! I keep remembering i'm off work all next week. It will be scramble time when we go back but it's worth it for the break. On a football Sunday, I remember reasons to like my job. :)

ZenGum 12-24-2012 06:06 AM

I just learned that the indigenous people of Vancouver Island are the Kwakwaka'wakw.

Go on, say it. Three times, if you still aren't smiling.

Lamplighter 12-24-2012 08:53 AM

Their village is on banks of the NicNakPadiWak River.
It's there so everyone can see when the old man comes rolling home.

infinite monkey 12-25-2012 05:31 AM

Is it really frightening or really hilarious how the gun-nut crazies are going absolutely berserk at the slightest hint that some sort of gun control (i.e. more than we have) has been given leverage in light of the most recent massacre?

We have examples of a couple of them here. If the cellar is a microcosm of the world, then you can maybe make projections on the ratio of gun-nuttiness to responsible, thinking, intelligent gun owners in this country.

Let the foots and the likes in the world have their guns. You hear no nutty crazy blatherings from those who aren't, well, nutty crazy. You know, the ones who give the impression of severe post-traumatic stress, 'shell-shockiness' or just plain inexplicable and complicated nuttiness.

The nuts have convinced me who the dangerous owners are: most likely to start shooting from their cabin on top of Paranoia Hill at anyone approaching in case they are there to talk about reasonable gun laws. Talk about it? Have those difficult conversations? No, not until their guns are pried from their cold...eh, you know the rest.

Yee-haw.

Lamplighter 12-25-2012 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The gun-nuts are losing the PR battle.
... and eventually guns will either be banned completely,
or there will be more and more Ruby Ridge events.
One way or the other they are the losers.

Attachment 42245

The only possible alternative I see is for the so-called "sane gun owners"
to begin dialog with the rest of the community, to get rational gun control.

For example, given a man who has a wife and children, and he wants to have his guns,
but she sees danger and wants to protect her children and herself.

Which is more important, life and freedom from fear ... or... owning a gun ?
Whose rights will prevail ?

If sane gun owners can not answer such a question, guns will eventually be banned completely.

Griff 12-25-2012 10:13 AM

There are at least two kinds of gun nuts in this country, those who crazily arm themselves hoping for Armageddon and those who believe the country can be disarmed. You need both kinds to get Ruby Ridge/Waco events. In a country as thoroughly awash with arms as the US you won't get confiscation because it would be a bloodbath. Ibby was on to the problem/answer in one of the gun threads. We have to address the cultural problem of gun fetishists of which we have more than one type.

Lamplighter 12-25-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 845257)
There are at least two kinds of gun nuts in this country, those who crazily arm themselves hoping for Armageddon and those who believe the country can be disarmed. You need both kinds to get Ruby Ridge/Waco events. In a country as thoroughly awash with arms as the US you won't get confiscation because it would be a bloodbath. Ibby was on to the problem/answer in one of the gun threads. We have to address the cultural problem of gun fetishists of which we have more than one type.

I agree with most of your post, except it was not people opposed to guns
that brought about Ruby Ridge... it was the government.
The gun-nuts cannot not win such fights.

I'm not saying there is only one way.
A large part of the "cultural problem" is already being overcome... gradually.
People are law-abiding, and there lies the current support of "gun rights".
But gun owners are being seen more and more as a reactionary minority.

A change in the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment will be
advocated and accepted as a matter of individual safety and
for the "public good", so blood-bath confiscations are not inevitable.

Rational gun owners can either help solve problems, or lose their war.

Griff 12-25-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamplighter (Post 845265)
A change in the interpretation of the 2nd Amendment will be
advocated and accepted as a matter of individual safety and
for the "public good", so blood-bath confiscations are not inevitable.

I think you're going to have to get an amendment to the Constitution to do this part successfully. You will always have holdouts who will feel their mini Armageddons are supporting a Constitutional principle. With an amendment it would be their fellow citizens limiting their rights not an "activist" judge.

DanaC 12-26-2012 06:25 AM

The thing is, that part of the constitution was written when there was a strong desire to defend the nation entirely through a citizen militia. As opposed to a standing army alon the lines of the absolutist European model. Also as a bit of an inheritance from the British culture, whose obession with citizen militias and fear of standing armies was a regular political bugbear throughout the 18th and into the 19th century.

The inadequacy of citizen militias having proved itself time and again, America now has one of the largest and best funded armies in the history of mankind.

Citizen militias were in part a defence against a possibly overweaning state. But they were never meant to be a potential defence against a massive standing army. They were supposed to negate the need for such. And they were supposed to be armed with a firelock rifle by their hearth, which would be picked up and put down again as needed in defence of their freedom.

At no point could the people who drafted that constitutional right and obligation have forseen the destructive power of modern weapons, nor the existence of such a well-armed population running alongside a gargantuan standing army, set within the context of a seemingly ever increasing militarism in popular culture.

Nor could they have envisaged a time when an individual of ordinary means could easily achieve an arsenal to rival of that of an entire militia regiment.