The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Why? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30541)

Sundae 12-05-2014 09:34 AM

Why?

Why am I so flipping cold? I used to be hot.
Why am I finding it so hard to eat when I used to eat like a horse, and I don't mean hay.
Why is my right eye weeping to the extent I can barely read?
And why I am I so self obsessed?

And that is all.

Undertoad 12-05-2014 09:56 AM

1. A natural change of seasons happens in your climate, as the earth's tilt leads to additional sunlight during half the year. You are in a period where less sun reaches your area, hence it is colder. The good news is that this annual change leads to many natural orders, as evolution takes these changes into account. As more energy becomes available, plants and birds and rocks and things experience a period of renewal, which many people find very pleasant.

2. You may be experiencing bodily changes that accompany new lifestyles.

3. It has developed a small sty.

4. The mind examines what it has at hand. Sometimes this is to our benefit, sometimes not. Socrates said "The unexamined life is not worth living," but he must have faced an entirely different social order than we do. The introduction of leisure time in the development of culture is relatively new, and allows us to endlessly examine our own navels. Some argue that this has become less interesting, but the human condition should be considered fascinating, and any continuing curiosity in our adult lives is surely a good thing.

Carruthers 12-05-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 915574)
Why am I so flipping cold?

The days are very short at the moment and we just don't have time to warm up. I feel pretty chilly most of the time as well.

In another three weeks we'll have passed the shortest day so at least things will be moving in the right direction, albeit slowly.

Sheldonrs 12-05-2014 11:48 AM

It's all because you touch yourself. Stop that! :-)

Sundae 12-05-2014 01:40 PM

Thank you for your responses.

Sadly almost all unlikely.
For example Winter happens every year and I've never shaken like I have palsy before. On the other hand I have made quite extreme lifestyle changes.
Not used to this cold business though. I can see why other people moan about it now .

And Shel wins the prize for being the wrongest. Although someone else went there recently .

FTR I'm going BACK to the Drs on Monday.
Not having my meds is untenable. And they can check out my eye. And the slowly growing brown spot on my arm.
Because I'm far too special just to have one problem.

DanaC 12-05-2014 01:56 PM

Bear in mind you're used to southern winters, not Otley with it's own unique little climate :P Colder, but also damper. Gets into your bones.

sexobon 12-05-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 915593)
... Colder, but also damper. Gets into your bones.

Time for someone to jump your bones and heat things up. Friction ya know ...

monster 12-05-2014 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 915593)
Bear in mind you're used to southern winters, not Otley with it's own unique little climate :P Colder, but also damper. Gets into your bones.

this.

#2 may well be related to #1

#3 may also be related to #1

#4 is nothing new so at least one thing remains constant in your life. Focus on the positives, eh? ;)

#5 probably an age/liver spot. Carry a brown eyeliner with you and doodle it into something when you are bored. Maybe some stick-on tiny googly eyes if you have some in your possession (don't buy any specially)

What happened with your rehab? Do you not have a counsellor you can call?

Gravdigr 12-08-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheldonrs (Post 915581)
It's all because you touch yourself. Stop that! :-)

I almost posted that very thing.

:)