The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Something to make ya smile.... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4089)

Dagney 10-07-2003 09:06 PM

Something to make ya smile....

1 Attachment(s)
Seeing that more than a few of us need it today....

We're babysitting my mom's schnauzer while she's in the hospital. Heidi is the connsumate mooch, and tonight she was in Puppy Camp heaven as she got the chance to actually nibble the corn off the cob.

I introduce to you....CornDawg

Dagney 10-07-2003 09:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And another...

Dagney 10-07-2003 09:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And before she stole the cob and tried to hide it....

xoxoxoBruce 10-07-2003 09:40 PM

You're gonna have to wash that face before Mom sees it.:haha:

Undertoad 10-07-2003 09:55 PM

Innit great when their eyes go all big? "I can't believe I get all this! Yowza!"

Elspode 10-08-2003 12:08 AM

I just got done sharing peanut butter and crackers with our pooch...but I've never seen a dog go after corn on the cob.

I did have a cat once that would mug you for cantaloupe.

Tobiasly 10-08-2003 07:15 AM

Thanks for the smile Dagney.

I've been missing the hell out of my dog lately. I saw pictures of people waiting in line to vote in CA with their dogs there with them and it really made me homesick.

While I've been gone, my wife has been trying to teach him not to jump up on people. I can't wait to get back home and ruin all that nonsense. :)

Dagney 10-08-2003 07:36 AM

You're welcome Tob...

I know what you mean, The CornDawg Extraordinare isn't mine, we're just keeping her for a while. We've had her in the family for almost 15 years, and when I moved out of my mom's house into my own apartment, I really missed the company. (We call her our little Fur Tumor)

Brian told me last night, a dog's love is for sale, a cat's love is for rent. (Heidi's comes cheap - an ear of corn, some Gainesburger, and a few scritchies)

Heidi looks at us with these big black eyes, and the cutest little expression, and we just know that she's the happiest hound on the block.

(Or maybe it had to do with the corn in her eyebrows....*grin*)

Any idea on when your sandbox experience will come to an end? Or perhaps if you're eligible for the 2 weeks leave?

Dagney

OnyxCougar 10-08-2003 08:41 AM

Man...I really want a dog... I swear, one day I'm gonna buy a German Shephard male and name him Gunthar. It will happen, just not while we're in an apartment. Meantime, I gotta get Steve on the shots so we can get a cat.

Tobiasly 10-08-2003 08:57 AM

We were supposed to be home by mid-November, but now with the new guidance that many National Guard troops will be in theater for a year (as opposed to mobilized for a year, which means train-up and de-mob don't count towards the total), I might be here until February.

Which, of course, is really a downer. Throughout the whole experience, I've been thinking "well, at least I'll be home for the holidays". I'm not sure how well my wife would hold up being alone until then.

I am glad she has Al to keep her company though!