The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I don't have a dog in this fight, but... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26073)

ZenGum 10-16-2011 10:46 PM

[Fantasy] Mitchell/Huntsman [/Ticket]

Lamplighter 10-17-2011 08:50 AM

Sorry, Google is not being of any help to me right now

Z or anyone... what is Mitchell's 1st name, or who is s/he ?

ZenGum 10-17-2011 09:48 PM

Mitch Mitchell, current governor of New Jersey, straight talking, competent, very overweight, has ruled out running for president in 2012.

Lamplighter 10-17-2011 11:10 PM

Z, something is wrong here.
Google doesn't show anything for a "Mitch Mitchell", except it comes closest to Mitch McConnel, (Republican -Majority Leader in Senate) whose name is Mitchell.

Chris Christie does fit your description, and is current Gov of NJ.

ZenGum 10-18-2011 01:13 AM

blinks ....

Erm, maybe that really was a fantasy, then ...

Merkins, anyone, help?

DanaC 10-18-2011 02:32 AM

I'm sure I saw something about him on The Daily Show. He seemed a really credible character.

Clodfobble 10-18-2011 08:42 AM

I think you mean Chris Christie.

There's also Mitch Daniels, but he doesn't fit the description very well.

infinite monkey 10-18-2011 08:45 AM

Bob Bobster?

Mark Markham?

Jeff Jefferson?

;)

I saw a bumper sticker, amongst some 'don't tread on me' and other stickers of that ilk, that read: Palin and Bachmann: the ultimate dream team.

OMG! Srsly?

Lamplighter 10-18-2011 08:59 AM

TheCellar really is an reflection of the outside world.
We're just like the Repubicans... still searching for that perfect candidate ;)
I lol at the idea that he only exists on the Daily Show.

Sorry Z, I'm teasing.
If it was Chris Christie, I can agree, he can made a good impression,
and he really is rotund.

DanaC 10-18-2011 10:17 AM

Chris Christie! That was the one that was shown on Daily Show. The GOP just wasn't taking no for an answer.

Daily Show ran a segment called "No Means No" because they keep claiming things like 'Christie has definately left the door open'...say what? He sounded pretty frakking clear in that press conference ya just showed.

I liked him. He seemed a sensible and dare I say it even approaching, well, a normal human being?

classicman 10-18-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 764555)
Mitch Mitchell, current governor of New Jersey, straight talking, competent, very overweight, has ruled out running for president in 2012.

You are definitely referring to Chris Christie here.
The only Mitchell I see running for president is Gay Mitchell and he is a Presidential Candidate in Ireland.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 764737)
Chris Christie!
I liked him. He seemed a sensible and dare I say it even approaching, well, a normal human being?

:eek: I cannot believe you would like him.

DanaC 10-18-2011 11:20 AM

Why not?

footfootfoot 10-18-2011 12:06 PM

I don't have a dog in this fight, but...

Sky's mom and neighbor do.

classicman 10-18-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 764773)
Why not?

His views are VERY conservative relative to yours.

DanaC 10-18-2011 02:53 PM

*chuckles*

Well, duh. He's a Republican.

I don;t agree with his political views (from the bits I've read) on a lot of stuff. There are things in his record that i find repellent (a lot of the stuff around his work as a lobbyist, freezes on public housing etc) but then there's a lot that's admirable too.

I think mostly I'd just find him refreshingly sensible for a republican candidate. Which is fucking bizarre really. Because time was it was the republicans you looked to for sensible, to the point of slightly dull, men who seemed as trustworthy with your money as the bankers did (remember that? Whn bankers were a byword for respectability and trustworthiness? :P)

These days, the Republican race is like a freak show. Choose between out of touch, wealthy to the point of being alien, incredibly dull men (mostly) who've been forced to adopt crazy ass policy soundbites to make themselves show up on the fucking screen, or crazy-ass women (mostly) who seem to be sharing a collective brain cell when it comes to any kind of detailed understanding of anything (including their own constitution) but look good hoisting a gun.

Christie seems a normal person. I don;t mean he seems like one of the guys, someone I cuold see myself having a drink with...but just a normal, intelligent, human who is pretty effective at his job.