The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Can we start over... again? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4383)

april 11-18-2003 09:00 AM

Can we start over... again?

Can we start over?
Untertoad please don't do the same thing again.
I'll not post as much.
I'm sorry.
I'll stay low and out of everyones way.

elSicomoro 11-18-2003 09:06 AM

Jesus Christ...fucking block her completely.

Undertoad 11-18-2003 09:10 AM

No Syc... April all we ask is that you take it seriously and not use it as your personal attention-seeking playground/sandbox. If you GET IT you can stay. If not you have to go. Simple as that.

dave 11-18-2003 09:14 AM

I agree.

April, the Cellar is a community. To be taken seriously, you have to take it seriously. Afford it the same respect you seek and you'll do fine here.

Do you have something to add? Cool. Post it if you think other people will be interested in it. Try writing something up - don't just post little "Me too!" or "Yeah!" posts.

Why don't you start by telling us about who you really are. Don't make anything up.

What you get back from the community is what you give. If you make an effort and are good to the community, the community will be good to you.

elSicomoro 11-18-2003 09:30 AM

While I respect the fact that it's your decision to make UT, I strongly disagree with letting her stay. I think the Dwellars were more than accomodating to begin with, not to mention she's hidden under one (maybe two) id's already.

And while people certainly have the ability to change, at least several folks that are assholes and/or started as assholes here brought some substance. And if we're one of the only boards these folks can access at school, I'd hate to see what else could be brought in.

My $0.02...

Undertoad 11-18-2003 09:39 AM

Well if they get out of hand again it will be an easy problem to fix.

Beestie 11-18-2003 09:52 AM

Just please - no more F YOU tirades. That was beyond uncalled for.

Welcome back but heed dave's words.

And I don't think the point is to "...stay low and out of everyone's way" - I believe its to figure out how to find a way to fit in and contribute which will surely involve screwing up once or twice (as I can attest). But as long as they are good efforts, folks here seem pretty tolerant.

Find your niche but dont' force it and don't be so easily offended or challenged. And, if I may suggest, don't post pissed. Calm down first.

These are my observations but I haven't been here that long myself so I could be wrong.

april 11-18-2003 10:23 AM

No more F you posts I promise.

I'm April, I'm 17 and a senior in high school. I have a 9 1/2 month old little girl. I'm not really lonely in high school. I have a lot of friends. I was just trying to start an interesting conversation. Thats me. Anything else you want to know?

SteveDallas 11-18-2003 10:26 AM

other advice: read some threads.

If you have something to say, chip it in. But if you spend more time reading than posting, you'll get more out of the experience.

dave 11-18-2003 10:34 AM

Who's the father? Is he helping out?

lumberjim 11-18-2003 10:39 AM

yeah, let her stay, as long as she promises to say something really really stupid at least once a day. I like it when dave reams her out. and change her handle to "fluffer"

that was only my $.01 I'm cheap!

Beestie 11-18-2003 10:41 AM

Originally posted by April
Quote:

I was just trying to start an interesting conversation.
Well, you are certainly in the right place for that!:)

First of all, GRADUATE! My hat is off to you for staying in school! :beer: (That's root beer for you, dammit :)

Secondly, do you have help caring for your baby? Is it a boy or girl, are your parent(s) helpful? Is daddy "in the picture."

One thing I am somewhat interested in is what they are telling high school kids these days. About sex, about politics, about social responsibility (in general), about everything that's not strictly "knowledge."

Are a lot of your friends going to college? Are you?

I do wonder where the class of 2004 will be coming from as I don't know anyone in that age group and suspect I am slightly out of touch in that regard.

wolf 11-18-2003 12:58 PM

Although I understand and respect your decision, UT ... I'm with syc on this one.

She had her chance. Folks here (myself included) made it very clear what the 'pool rules,' such as they are, were.

She didn't get it then, I doubt very much that she'll get it now.

wolf 11-18-2003 01:00 PM

And another thing ... This is an adult board, with adult content that April is accessing from her school ... what, if any, are the legal implications of this ... does any liability attach to you as the 'content provider'?

Undertoad 11-18-2003 01:18 PM

I think the full responsibility lies with the filter provider.