The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FBI Gun Guy (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33544)

Diaphone Jim 06-07-2018 03:26 PM

FBI Gun Guy

I couldn't follow the last thread well enough to see an opening for this.

An FBI agent attending some kind of training in Colorado decides to go out drinking and dancing.
He brings with him his gun or the FBI's gun stuck unsecured in his the back of his belt, from which it fell to the floor.
The gun has a round in the chamber and, if it had a safety it was not on or didn't work.
He must have picked it up with his finger on the trigger since he shot a man nearby in the leg.
I don't see how he could have anything much worse, but it does bother me that I could go to prison for lying to him.

lumberjim 06-07-2018 03:35 PM

I was following until that last sentence. Why did you lie to him?

Gravdigr 06-07-2018 04:02 PM

I don't think he did.

It's pretty much a given that you can go to prison for lying to FBI/federal agent.

He doesn't want to have to go prison for lying to an idiot.

Gravdigr 06-07-2018 04:05 PM

Also, if that was an "FBI gun", that gun going off on being dropped, safety on or not, was literally a one-in-a-million occurrence.

And there is probably more to that part of the story, since the guy is apparently a moron.

Clodfobble 06-07-2018 04:20 PM

I've seen the video--it didn't go off when it was dropped, it went off when he quick-grabbed for it hoping maybe no one would see it had fallen out. He 100% pulled the trigger himself.

Happy Monkey 06-07-2018 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 1009813)
Also, if that was an "FBI gun", that gun going off on being dropped, safety on or not, was literally a one-in-a-million occurrence.

It didn't go off when it was dropped. It went off when he tried to pick it up.

edit: ninja'd

Clodfobble 06-07-2018 04:21 PM

Hoooooowaaaaaahhhh! (That's my ninja noise.)

sexobon 06-07-2018 05:33 PM

Obviously the man who was shot in the leg must've lied to the FBI agent who decided it was best to first shoot him and then him give due process later.

Gravdigr 06-07-2018 09:39 PM

Yes, yes, I'm a moron that can read for comprehension, just can't remember what he read for ten seconds.:(

It plainly said says what yuse guys are saying. And I agree, that's what happened.

I spoke out of my ass.

Multiple sorries.

Diaphone Jim 06-08-2018 11:32 AM

lumberjim: Sorry to have been unclear. I haven't talked to an FBI agent since 1960 and that was my girlfriend's father.

This particular FBI agent, besides being extremely lucky, is extremely stupid.
There is no way his gun could have discharged "accidentally" without his failure to observe at least FIVE (maybe seven) precautions any responsible gun owner follows.
If he still has a job, I hope it is at a desk that is bolted to the floor.

sexobon 06-13-2018 01:34 AM

FBI agent whose gun went off while dancing taken into custody.