The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   And The New Dr Who Is ... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5366)

Chris MC 03-19-2004 07:50 PM

And The New Dr Who Is ...

Christpher Eccleston

Chris. :)

Troubleshooter 03-19-2004 08:07 PM

Re: And The New Dr Who Is ...

Quote:

Originally posted by Chris MC
Christpher Eccleston

Chris. :)

Hot Damn!!!:thumb:

richlevy 03-19-2004 08:42 PM

Re: Re: And The New Dr Who Is ...

Quote:

Originally posted by Troubleshooter

Hot Damn!!!:thumb:

The saltshakers are coming! The saltshakers are coming!:rattat:

blue 03-19-2004 10:07 PM

Oh sweet! I don't recognize any names and I didn't follow any links, but it makes me feel damn good that Dr. Who. is still around...my childhood would have been so different with no Dr. Who.

And those days professional wrestling was the shit! Jim Gagne! The Claw! Baron Van Rashke! For those not in the know, it was all on PBS...one of 3 channels we got.

Happy Monkey 03-19-2004 11:06 PM

When you've REALLY gotta exterminate....

http://www.pghifi.demon.co.uk/dalek6...aleks/rem8.jpg

Elspode 03-19-2004 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by blue58
And those days professional wrestling was the shit! Jim Gagne! The Claw! Baron Van Rashke! For those not in the know, it was all on PBS...one of 3 channels we got.
You had professional wrestling on PBS?!??

You live in a sort of different part of the country, don't you? :D

blue 03-19-2004 11:18 PM

I'm not shitting you, it was on at 11:30 on Sunday night from Ch 28 out of Menomonie...me and my buddies were putting sleeper locks on each other way before the next generation started bringing bombs and semi-automatics to school.

blue 03-19-2004 11:26 PM

Damn, sorry for being so outta whack here, but Dr. Who was indeed on PBS Saturday afternoons, and again at 10:30 pm Sunday night, followed by wrassling.

All in fuzzy alligator clip goodness, way before VCR's, we didn't even have a remote, but our TV was SO COOL, because it had buttons with numbers instead of a DIAL.

Troubleshooter 03-19-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by blue58
All in fuzzy alligator clip goodness, way before VCR's, we didn't even have a remote, but our TV was SO COOL, because it had buttons with numbers instead of a DIAL.
Pushbutton power on top, 2 dials. I had to tune in my wrestling, UHF. 5 minutes to warm up all of the way. You had to plan ahead. I miss those days sometimes.

wolf 03-20-2004 12:18 AM

Whoo hooo!!! (or should I say "Whooo"!!!!)

I just hope they don't screw it up ...

One of our doctors at work and I were talking old (i.e. 70s) pro wrestling a week or so ago at the nuthouse. We were happily reminiscing about Chief Jay Strongbow, Gorilla Monsoon, and Superfly Jimmy Snooka.

They sure don't make professional wrestlers the way they used to ...

Troubleshooter 03-20-2004 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wolf
Whoo hooo!!! (or should I say "Whooo"!!!!)

I just hope they don't screw it up ...

One of our doctors at work and I were talking old (i.e. 70s) pro wrestling a week or so ago at the nuthouse. We were happily reminiscing about Chief Jay Strongbow, Gorilla Monsoon, and Superfly Jimmy Snooka.

They sure don't make professional wrestlers the way they used to ...

Junk Yard Dog...

wolf 03-20-2004 12:53 AM

George "The Animal" Steele, The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkov ...

vsp 03-20-2004 07:31 AM

Just to scare you, Ric Flair is _still_ wrestling in the WWE.

And Abdullah the Butcher is still terrorizing Japan and the indies, though he now has a rack of manboobs the likes of which you've never seen. They're more "flaps" than "pecs."

Troubleshooter 03-20-2004 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vsp
Just to scare you, Ric Flair is _still_ wrestling in the WWE.

And Abdullah the Butcher is still terrorizing Japan and the indies, though he now has a rack of manboobs the likes of which you've never seen. They're more "flaps" than "pecs."

Last I saw, only a couple of years ago, Ming the Merciless was still around, and in surprisingly good shape.