The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Penis Size (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=31228)

xoxoxoBruce 09-06-2015 10:24 AM

Penis Size

There have been a million articles on penis size, and the old saw that six inches is average.
Quote:

According to David Veale of Kings College London Medical School and his team, “there have been no formal systematic reviews of penile size measurements” — so they took that burden upon themselves. The researchers gathered data from 20 different studies previously conducted about penis size; in each study, the measurements were taken by medical professionals, with the total sample size from all 20 studies being 15,521 men. The goal was to create charts which doctors can show to male patients, enabling them to see where they stand (har har) in the grand scheme of overall penis size distribution — hence the study's title, “Am I Normal? A Systematic Review and Construction of Nomograms for Flaccid and Erect Penis Length and Circumference in Up to 15,521 Men.”
link

The results...
•3.61 inches: The average length of a flaccid penis.
•5.21 inches: The average length of a flaccid penis after it's been stretched out.
•5.17 inches: The average length of an erect penis.
•3.67 inches: The average circumference of a flaccid penis.
•4.59 inches: The average circumference of an erect penis.
Quote:

It's worth noting that, among all the studies used for this particular literature review, only four of them had any information about erect penis length. As such, the sample size for that number (which, of course, is the one everyone is probably most interested in) is pretty tiny: Only 692 people. But hey, 692 people is still 692 people, so you know what? It's time to let go of the whole “six inches is average” myth — because it turns out it's just that: A myth.

fargon 09-06-2015 12:58 PM

I think that is where TMI, meets WTF.

BigV 09-06-2015 01:51 PM

I am skeptical about measurements of stretched out flaccid penises precise to a hundredth of an inch.

xoxoxoBruce 09-06-2015 02:10 PM

I agree with you on measuring, although it's quite possible with digital measuring devices instead of a ruler. Those always give more accuracy than you need in most cases. I've caught myself mulling whether something is .123 or .124 when .1 is sufficient. :lol:

But when they're averaging 15,500 measurements, the math will no doubtedly go passed two decimal places. I'd guess they rounded back to be practical.

it 09-06-2015 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 938105)
I think that is where TMI, meets WTF.

Indeed

Pamela 09-06-2015 10:09 PM

So where does THIS er, fit in?

xoxoxoBruce 09-06-2015 11:58 PM

It doesn't fit in.. anything.
TMZ has a minute long film clip of this Mexican, in pretty crummy digs, with this log sticking out, and a bandage around it about two thirds of the way out. He lays it on a scale, then hangs it down standing, and sticking up (with help from his hand) lying down, but the whole time they put a black censoring box in front of the connection to his body. It doesn't look real, and I'm not convinced it is. If it is, he's definitely a freak.

it 09-07-2015 02:12 AM

The part I am confused about is the doctors stating that "it's actually 6 inches long but the extra length is due to extra skin", while in the video it doesn't quite seem as baggy as you'd imagine it would be if that was the case... And what does it mean in practice? It only gets erects a 3rd of it's length and the rest remains flaccid?

Gravdigr 09-07-2015 07:58 AM

It means there's a lot of flapping when he's fapping.

xoxoxoBruce 09-07-2015 08:49 AM

Some doctors are whackos, as the TV shows, The Doctors, and Doctor Oz, prove.

it 09-07-2015 09:40 AM

Well, let's get a better doctor....

http://static2.fjcdn.com/comments/I+...85e3405f2c.jpg

Pamela 09-07-2015 09:26 PM

Give it a few more weeks and the XXX videos will be out. We will soon know the truth of it.