The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Nov 13, 2010: On the Chain Zhang (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23935)

xoxoxoBruce 11-13-2010 12:05 AM

Nov 13, 2010: On the Chain Zhang

Bizarre doesn't begin to describe this shit. :smack:

http://cellar.org/2010/chinachain.jpg

Quote:

Astonished medics are trying to save the hands of tormented Zhang Chuanqiu who was chained so tightly in an illegal prison that his flesh grew over his shackles.
Zhang, 27, had been chained to a cowshed in Hunan, southern China, in 2005 after falling out with village officials over a loan to build his house.
But his chains had been so agonisingly tight that Zhang's own flesh began to absorb them.
"The only person who did not give up on me was my mother who waited for her time and rescued me," he explained.
Now that opens more questions than it answers.
He was chained up in 2005, when was he released?
How did mom "rescue" him?
Why did the bad guys let her?
Who fed and clothed him?
And about 99 other questions.

Quote:

Now Zhang is trying to raise the 1,000 GBP surgeons have told him he needs for an operation to remove the chains and save his hands from further infection. "They cause me a lot of pain. They are always inflamed and ooze pus all the time. But we have no money so I have to rely on charity or the good heart of a hospital or doctor to save my hands," he said.
So he needs money to get his hands working again...

...and then, a sock full of quarters.

link

SPUCK 11-13-2010 05:46 AM

...and then, a sock full of quarters....and perhaps an AK47.

Spexxvet 11-13-2010 08:09 AM

He's had his lifetime supply of iron, though.

Hillrick 11-13-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 694056)
He's had his lifetime supply of iron, though.

I don't know why I'm always amazed when people are quick to show their wit when it comes at the expense of another's pain or misfortune.

newtimer 11-13-2010 09:36 AM

"...we have no money so I have to rely on charity..."

Did you try asking the village officials for another loan?

xoxoxoBruce 11-13-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillrick (Post 694063)
I don't know why I'm always amazed when people are quick to show their wit when it comes at the expense of another's pain or misfortune.

There's a lot of bad shit in the world, and thanks to the internet we are exposed to more of it, unfiltered more of it.
Do you think Spexxvet was being flip, uncaring about the suffering of a fellow human? If so, you're clueless, of both Spexxvet, and your fellow man, as well.
None of us can undo any of the crap inflicted, and if you dwell on the sadness you'll suffer as much as the victims. Humor is a defense, mental protection, against all the inhumanity going on every day, everywhere. That's one of the problems of being "politically correct", you end up as fucked up as The Church Lady.

Hillrick 11-13-2010 11:00 AM

Bruce
I am the least pc person and not naive. The internet does bring so much to us and it is so easy to forget the humanity at the other end as comments are thrown in a flip and throw away fashion. Nope, I don't know Spex but ps aside it is a good to remember it is empathy that adds to our humanity.
I'm also not very good at communicating complex arguments while I'm making a quick comment too so take that with a grain of salt.

xoxoxoBruce 11-13-2010 11:04 AM

Yeah, that's cool. Don't take my diatribe personally, you just afforded me the opportunity for a general broadcast of my opinion. :D

monster 11-13-2010 11:13 AM

Would now be an appropriate time for me to post my recipe for Pulled Chinaman au Hunan?

Gravdigr 11-13-2010 01:33 PM

I don't know why I'm always amazed when people are quick to show their humanity and compassion when it comes at the expense of another's humor or wit.

ZenGum 11-13-2010 04:57 PM

That's a good link to keep handy.

monster 11-13-2010 09:20 PM

Penalty, Zengum: 2 minutes for making Hillrick cry

footfootfoot 11-13-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 694138)

I cried inside

xoxoxoBruce 11-14-2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 694125)
That's a good link to keep handy.

What link, the Austrian Times, or the Church Lady?

Now don't pick on Hillrick, his/her point is valid, you compassionless cannibals. :p:

ZenGum 11-14-2010 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 694138)

Don't you mean ...

Quote:

You are the weakest link, goodbye!