The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   VOTE! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18623)

BigV 08-03-2020 10:47 PM

I voted tonight. It was done on a mail in ballot.

NO FRAUD!

BigV 08-03-2020 11:07 PM

Not only has Trump sought to spread FUD about our upcoming election and the inevitable increase in voting by mail using his tweets, he has also grafted gifted rewarded captured the Postal Service by installing one of his mega donors as the Postmaster General (such a swamp move, the PMG's wife was named the Ambassador to Canada--poor Canada). This new PMG has declared that in order to be more like a business and less like a government service, *no overtime will be paid*. When the whistle blows, drop the mail where you stand. It'll be there tomorrow.

What's this got to do with voting?

Quote:

Thirty-five states now either allow no-excuse absentee voting or vote entirely by mail, and during this pandemic, more people than ever will choose to avoid polling places and cast their ballot that way. That already means that the Postal Service will have to handle more absentee requests and ballots than ever before — and Trump’s postmaster general has forbidden its workers from working overtime.

Now here’s the kicker. In 34 states, under current law it’s not enough that your absentee ballot be postmarked by election day. It has to be received by election authorities by election day.
As I pointed out earlier in this thread, it's possible to verify your options for voting by mail *NOW* and the sooner the better. Vote. Please vote. To make it count, you have to follow some rules and the sooner the better.

fargon 08-04-2020 06:40 AM

I already Voted, in the Aug 11 primary. And I have mail in ballots coming for all of the upcoming elections. We can do that in Wisconsin.

xoxoxoBruce 08-04-2020 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can't vote in the general election until the candidates are revealed. Attachment 71135

Griff 08-04-2020 05:12 PM

Speaking of elections, Pete's signs were stolen off our property today.

Property Rights are a fundamental belief of the ___________ Party.

BigV 10-07-2020 07:48 PM

VOTE!!!

BigV 10-07-2020 07:55 PM

Ok, that's out of the way for the next thirty seconds....

I'm getting ready to watch the VP debate. New thing this year, well, not a new thing, but people are NAMING it, "managing expectations", whooooo that's fun.

my anti-expectation-managing, or managing expectations against my own self interest , whatev, I'm new at this don't hate at me. I think Kamala Harris will crush that talking point machine.

WHO'S WITH ME NOW?

Go Kamala!

BigV 10-07-2020 08:53 PM

wow.

I got the phrase "talking points machine" from "teh media" but I have to say, ON POINT, media, well done.

jfc.

He's sideslipped answering the actual question, run out the clock not answering, dodging and weaving like a mofo... props. props, yo.

your answers say a lot, despite addressing questions not asked by the moderator.

side note, stop talking over Senator Harris. It really is rude and makes you look like a prick.

BigV 10-07-2020 09:14 PM

holy shit

he just said "let the record show she did not answer the question"

Ok

that's the match that lit the fuse on your own petard, boomer.

BigV 10-07-2020 09:20 PM

proc-to-co-lo-gists????

w

t

f

BigV 10-07-2020 09:22 PM

too bad the moderator doesn't have that mythical mute button....

Flint 10-07-2020 09:28 PM

did you see that fly land on his head?

BigV 10-07-2020 09:41 PM

-1 for radio,

BUT!

they talked about it at the top of the hour, I heard twitter lost its mind.
[still.... lol]

tw 10-07-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 1059390)
did you see that fly land on his head?

So Pence was anointed - by fly shit. Appropriate?

Or was that a fly trying to tell him his time was up. He listens to no one - except Trump. Or does he?

He wasn't in the room when Trump was spreading his viral wisdom upon all others.

Gravdigr 10-08-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

VOTE!
NO!