The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The upcoming Flint ban (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35379)

Undertoad 10-09-2020 08:48 AM

The upcoming Flint ban

When do you figure it'll be, tomorrow or next week

Griff 10-09-2020 09:33 AM

Tap the brakes, we all have our moments and triggers.

Undertoad 10-09-2020 10:30 AM

So next week?

Griff 10-09-2020 10:37 AM

followed by tw then myself?

Undertoad 10-09-2020 10:42 AM

Sure, if you suggest other dwellars should be purged with rat poison because you don't like them

Griff 10-09-2020 02:24 PM

We agree that threats are out of bounds.

Flint 10-09-2020 03:36 PM

oh for christ-pearl-clutching-sake. nobody but metaphorical "rats" have been "threatened" --I may well have said "close the screen door so flies don't get in"

Undertoad 10-09-2020 04:04 PM

One, she's an actual 82 year old person, invited here by another dwellar. And two, you don't get to throw people off the boards.

Only the mods and I get to do that.

monster 10-09-2020 05:49 PM

I'm Flint

Rhianne 10-09-2020 05:54 PM

I'm Flint. And so is my wife.

sexobon 10-09-2020 06:25 PM

I've always suspected they were sockpuppets.

Undertoad 10-09-2020 06:45 PM

It's fine. If I can't stop someone from acting abusively to an 82 year old woman, I will just hit the off button. Your choice.

sexobon 10-09-2020 06:58 PM

OLD LIVES MATTER

Exile to Coventry... away with the mutineers!

Flint 10-09-2020 07:14 PM

In retrospect they might not be a malicious sock puppet. Perhaps just a naive wackadoodle who is peddling dangerous conspiracies upon which *literal life and death* rests on a razor's edge.

I'll ask my friends in the service industry about the angry, spittle-spewing, anti-mask bullies with loaded machine guns that are congregating in force outside their places of business, and coming into their completely unprotected personal spaces after pushing past huge signs that say "masks are state law, and here's a free mask," and whether it matters to them if their behavior was enabled by a Russian bot or a kindly 82yo spokesperson for the end-of-times death cult. Oh and also if angry machine-gun men come knocking on their door, like they are literally doing in my town, is it "okay" if they're just the victims of rampant disinformation, and WHEN people start getting shot was it all just a harmless misunderstanding.

That being said, I don't have any illusions of free speech, I'm happy to conform to the rules of the Cellar. I don't even disagree with UT, so stop making it into a thing.

BigV 10-09-2020 07:34 PM

Flint is my friend *and* my huckleberry.

There was no threat in his post about rat poison.

Your false choice about being "unable" to stop someone from actively "abusing" an 82 year old woman is kind of petulant. Of course you can stop him, on the cellar that is. And of course you can "just hit the off button", at any damn time. You might do it, you haven't yet. *shrug* But saying those are your choices, your binary XOR choices seems a bit melodramatic.

Even I can think of other less dramatic, equally effective controls already built in. Like the ignore function. Hey, I'll do it now.

jaminhealth--

If you notice a given dwellar consistently posting things you don't like, there's a function of this board called "Ignore". Choosing to add a given username to your "Ignore" list will simply and effectively block that users' posts from your view. It's like putting them on mute. And it's reversible so you can switch back (and forth) at any time. The other user doesn't feel a thing, just ask the people on my Ignore list. You'll have to repeat their answers to me since I won't see what they say here.

There. That's done. I hope this reaches the affected parties before anybody hits the big red button.