The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   VOTE! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18623)

glatt 11-04-2008 10:23 AM

Yeah, like the legal challenges, and the recounts.

Beest 11-04-2008 11:17 AM

taxation without representation :mad:

Oh, the irony

freshnesschronic 11-04-2008 11:22 AM

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-...68808_6244.jpg

You want to know what's even cooler, Facebook is very active in telling people to vote, there's applications telling people to vote and who they support and everything. I think the college vote will be a major factor :)

Clodfobble 11-04-2008 11:29 AM

Did you vote, fresh?

Flint 11-04-2008 11:56 AM

I agree, VOTE! (For Flint)

Urbane Guerrilla 11-04-2008 12:12 PM

I made my mark this morning for McCain and several other Republicans -- for I do not trust the Democratic Party, and believe they should not be encouraged. Obama's ridiculous promises of bread and circuses -- they looked like he was trying to buy the election -- left me altogether unmoved, as have the Democrats' offerings for the last eighteen years straight. Since the Democrats have such a big problem with eliminating undemocracies, I have a big problem with the Democrats. At the least, it's untruth in advertising, how they say they are democrats, and then do nothing, indeed actively oppose any effort, to take away tyranny and abet democracy.

The American electorate fairly often favors a division of power between its Big Two political parties, so the one checks and balances the other. I hope today for a Republican, and a war fighter, in the Executive, to balance the Democratic-controlled Legislative.

Nothing too tough for lines in the precinct; I stood in line about five minutes and was out the door in ten more, about an hour and a half from time of polls opening at 7 a.m. PST. They'd already had 102 voters in before me.

Pooka 11-04-2008 12:14 PM

I'd vote for you honey, but Texas is a GOP state...

wolf 11-04-2008 12:28 PM

So, after voting at around 11:00 this morning (virtually no line, unless you count that my mother walked in ahead of me), momwolf and I went out to breakfast.

I thought we'd just have a nice, quiet meal ... no luck.

Without realizing it, I picked the only diner in the country that has a feed from CNBC ALL DAY.

Pete 11-04-2008 12:36 PM

I was number 0001. I actually wasn't the first one there but he was engrossed in a conversation when they were ready for the first vote so i went first. Griff was number 0007 about 10 minutes later. I guess you can see by those stats that we don't have a problem with lines.

wolf 11-04-2008 12:39 PM

Everybody remember to go to Starbucks for your free coffee.

(I forgot to go to Taco Hell last week for my free taco)

BigV 11-03-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 500747)
Please, don't forget to vote!

Make your mark on history!

It's that time again.

GO OUT AND VOTE!

Cloud 11-03-2009 10:12 AM

I don't think there's anything to vote for in my jurisdiction.

Juniper 11-03-2009 10:31 AM

My son is once again sick & home from school (had a blood test for mono today). So he accompanied me to the polls, filled in the little bubbles for me, and whooshed it through the machine. We have 5 local issues to vote on, city council, and an extremely heated school board election.

I have a school board candidate's sign in my yard. I didn't want to, really, but she's my son's friend's mom. ::shrug::

Another friend's mom is our state senator.

Life in a small town.

Cloud 11-03-2009 10:38 AM

okay, I'm wrong. There are some state constitutional amendments relating to taxation and financing I could vote on. This was not well publicized in my opinion. Of course, I could be reading all those rape stories and not paying attention to this. :(

glatt 11-03-2009 10:53 AM

I voted. I was the least motivated I've ever been in this election. I voted for the Democrat for Virginia governor. He's going to lose, and he deserves to. His campaign sucked. This guy would be a Charlie Brown governor, and the Republican is this charismatic good looking guy who would be a fairly strong leader but would lead in the wrong direction. So I voted for Charlie Brown. Ho hum.

In the local issues, we only have one guy running for school board. The last school board election, we had 6 people running, including this guy, and he was by far the least qualified and dumbest of the bunch. For some reason, none of them are running again this time and he's going to get it just because he filled out the form.

We have a county board member up for reelection. He's fine, but I voted for the other guy just to send a message that I'd like a county board that isn't 100% of one party. The guy I voted for will lose though.

What a depressing election.

I'll be curious to see what Maine does with their gay marriage question.