The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Narcolepsy (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20881)

yourmeantome 08-20-2009 04:52 PM

Narcolepsy

Hey everyone I figured I would talk about Narcolepsy. I was just recently diagnosed with the condition and I am in the stage of treatment of getting my medication balanced. I will not lie I am a bit scared. Gun and Bullets don’t bother me, been shot at and blown up, but the idea of taking Provigil does.
So far I have had the common side effects, but there is one effect that is not really listed. I honestly feel like I am on flying my mind never stops working, in-fact most of the time I am working on my site that is when I hit the most creative spots when I am on the medication. I was wondering if there was anyone else out there who has taken this, who can share their experiences with the medication or just Narcolepsy.

TheMercenary 08-20-2009 05:38 PM

I have taken it on and off for about 2 years. It works for me. Mine is related to taking it for work so I don't know if they way it effects me would be the same as for you. It does what it is suppose to do for me. But I do not and have not taken it every day on end, only when I need it.

ZenGum 08-21-2009 12:14 AM

He doesn't have narcolepsy, he's just gold bricking.

Get it? Fort Knox ... gold bricks ...

sorry.

Just (attempted) kidding YMTM, I believe you, no offense meant etc.

Narcolepsy could be a serious problem, especially if you are in the military. I am presuming you are - is that correct?

yourmeantome 08-21-2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 589107)
He doesn't have narcolepsy, he's just gold bricking.

Get it? Fort Knox ... gold bricks ...

sorry.

Just (attempted) kidding YMTM, I believe you, no offense meant etc.

Narcolepsy could be a serious problem, especially if you are in the military. I am presuming you are - is that correct?

HAHA do not worry no offense taken. It really is a serious problem, I can barely drive the trucks, and I cant stay awake on guard duty.

Sundae 08-21-2009 05:53 AM

I have claimed to have narcolepsy for years.
Not seriously, of course.
But I use it as a benchmark as to whether people have the same sense of humour as me...

I know it's a serious and debilitating condition in real life.
Hope you find more people to discuss this with.

Griff 08-21-2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourmeantome (Post 589115)
... I cant stay awake on guard duty.

*calls Danny Ocean*

TheMercenary 08-21-2009 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 589107)

No I don't. The med is prescribed for other uses.

Shawnee123 08-21-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum
No I don't. The med is prescribed for other uses

Huh?

xoxoxoBruce 08-21-2009 09:51 AM

Merc thought Zen's response to Mean, was for him.

Shawnee123 08-21-2009 09:52 AM

Well it still doesn't make sense. ;)

TheMercenary 08-21-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 589175)
Merc thought Zen's response to Mean, was for him.

Tru dat. How could I tell?

monster 08-21-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 589197)
Tru dat. How could I tell?

becasue he used his name before the question?

TheMercenary 08-21-2009 12:03 PM

that is what I get for skipping over YMTM as having any real meaning to the discussion. My bad.

monster 08-21-2009 12:51 PM

heehee I think Zen can't bring himself to type yourmeantome -it goes agaiant his grammar-nazi streak :lol:

Cicero 08-21-2009 07:58 PM

I started a sleep disorder thread some time back. Though I do not have narcolepsy I do have empathy for people suffering from sleep disorders because there are really few answers, as there is still little known about what causes some of these conditions. I am glad you have decided to take meds if they help in some way.

I remember reading that there are three types of narcolepsy- and some types are more extreme the others. What type are you? What is your side-effect? Do you feel high?