The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Rod Blagojevich (D) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18953)

Urbane Guerrilla 12-10-2008 05:34 PM

Rod Blagojevich (D)

Blagojevich behaved just like Clinton.

One more datum for why people of integrity don't vote for Democrats, and shouldn't vote for Democrats.

Give campaign contributions to somebody else.

Aliantha 12-10-2008 05:38 PM

I vote for the equivalent of the dems over here...and I have integrity. In fact, a lot more integrity than a lot of the reps I've seen but then there are some bad dems too.

I don't know when people are going to get over the whole, good or bad depending on what side you're on thing. There are good and bad politicians on both sides of the fence, just as there are good and bad people in all aspects of life. Just because one politician does the wrong thing doesn't mean the whole party is bad. It means they may have made a bad choice in selecting that candidate, but that's happened to both sides before too.

lumberjim 12-10-2008 06:00 PM

only green snakes will bite you. never pick up a green snake.

Elspode 12-10-2008 06:26 PM

Apparently the (D) stands for (D)umbshit?

What a doofus this guy is. Thank goodness Republicans never behave in such a dishonest, moneygrubbing, cynical manner.

Bullitt 12-10-2008 06:54 PM

One side is just as bad as the other, and the worst offenders are the ones who use blanket statements to vilify the opposition. You contribute to the problem of partisan bickering in doing that.

TheMercenary 12-10-2008 08:30 PM

Res ipsa loquitur.

ZenGum 12-10-2008 08:45 PM

The attitude of Blagojevich could not have developed in a vacuum. Damn crook might as well have listed the seat on E-bay. (hey, hehe, there's an idea.. anyone?)

monster 12-10-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 512535)
Res ipsa loquitur.

I think you misplaced your homekey row there, dude. feel for the little dots on the f and j before you start to type. :)

ZenGum 12-10-2008 08:46 PM

I guessed it was Latin for "what he said".

classicman 12-10-2008 08:50 PM

RES IPSA LOQUITUR - Lat. "the thing speaks for itself." Refers to situations when it's assumed that a person's injury was caused by the negligent action of another party because the accident was the sort that wouldn't occur unless someone was negligent.

wolf 12-10-2008 10:31 PM

[Sean]That's the Chicago way.[/Connery]

lookout123 12-10-2008 10:53 PM

Wolf has it right. This is chicago (illinois really but all the big guys come out of chicago) through and through. the last governor is still in prison. The mayor's office isn't exactly know for great ethics. chicago politicians only stick out if they aren't crooks.

dar512 12-10-2008 10:57 PM

Rod B is not going to jail for being a Democrat. He's going to jail for being a crook.

George Ryan (the prior governor) is in the pokey right now and is/was a Republican. Crooks must be non-denominational.

melidasaur 12-10-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 512559)
Wolf has it right. This is chicago (illinois really but all the big guys come out of chicago) through and through. the last governor is still in prison. The mayor's office isn't exactly know for great ethics. chicago politicians only stick out if they aren't crooks.

Yes!!!! I knew that if I came to the cellar today and there was a thread on Blowfish, I would have to comment.

He is the worst governor ever. Voters in Chicago suck because what they do impacts the rest of the state - Do Chicagoans and the people that occupy the 'burbs (tiny hellholes, IMO) even KNOW that there is more to Illinois than just them? NO! That's why every single person that is elected, appointed, whatever to an important public office in this state is CORRUPT - the most corrupt part of the state carries the most vote.

We're not perfect down here in Central Illinois - or "the South" as the Chicago morons refer to our part of the state, but at least we are honest and not corrupt.

Let's see - who in Chicago/Illinois politics has gone to jail - Gov. Ryan, Dan Rostenkowski, three other governors who's pictures were in the paper and I can't remember their names... this state totally sucks!

This would never happen if the Chicago area citizens would get their heads out of their butts and realize that THERE IS MORE TO ILLINOIS THAN THEM!!!

:mad2: :cuss: :angry: :rattat: :magnum: :rant:

My apologies to anyone that lives in Chicago and the 'burbs - I used to live in a particular one called Libertyville - hated it. I'm sure you're all nice people, I am just so steamed that people like him get elected in this state.

I'm glad he's gone :rant:.

Urbane Guerrilla 12-10-2008 11:30 PM

I'm laying a little stress on the man's party because numerous major newspapers and television news operations both local and national have apparently been at pains to omit or muffle any mention he's a Democrat. This reticence likely would not be the case were he a Republican, as previous scandals show. The vast majority of journalism-school grads, their professors, and working journalists are of the Democratic persuasion, and heavily support Democratic candidates. To put it mildly, they are suspected of a systemic bias in favor of the Democratic Party. It does seem there are too few Republicans in the news media, let alone Libertarians.

So, we do what we can to correct these little imbalances and lapses. And we smile. Schadenfreude, Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium...