The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   BIDEN - HARRIS 2020 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35280)

Undertoad 08-22-2020 09:13 AM

You called UG a violent fascist just a half day ago, so it's not funny at all, really.

This is literally the Nazi playbook: define your scapegoat in such a way that it's desirable to kill them.

BigV 08-22-2020 09:22 AM

Word to the wise: don't go shooting his mouth off, eh.

sexobon 08-22-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Biden 'would shut [country down]' to stop spread of COVID-19

Former Vice President Joe Biden said in an exclusive interview with ABC "World News Tonight" Anchor David Muir on Friday that as president, he would shut the country down to stop the spread of COVID-19 if the move was recommended to him by scientists.

“I would shut it down; I would listen to the scientists,” Biden told Muir Friday, alongside his running mate, Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., during their first joint interview since officially becoming the Democratic Party’s presidential and vice presidential nominees. ...
This isn't going to go over very well with the business community. It also makes Biden look too reliant on some factions which may not yield balanced decisions. It's one thing to say he would've given more weight to scientists than Trump; but, another thing altogether saying he'll just go along with whatever the scientists say regardless of other consequences. I don't see this working to his advantage.

BigV 08-22-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 1056671)
snip-- taking your AR-15 away --

snip-- quite all right with taking your AR-15 away, ditto ditto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by our resident dittohead
ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto
ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto ditto

(repeated for historical accuracy)--snip

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 1056798)
snip-- (just the boring parts we've all seen a thousand times, ad hominem attacks, Johnny One Note, crystallized ideology)

Armed society = civilized society. Democratic platform and selling points to yahoos = uncivilized society. (<--- see?)

Urbane Guerrilla, I dedicate this video to you:

Urbane Guerrilla 08-27-2020 01:44 PM

V, you have those rights you -- and me, and Undertoad, and so on -- can enforce. Since there are about three hundred and thirty million of us who can get equipped, a piece apiece, to do just that, the individual effort is still pretty light.

Now, who of the big boy candidates doesn't want that electorate enforcement capacity?

It is very clear. So very clear.

Urbane Guerrilla 08-27-2020 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1056806)
UG, your fantasy is unhealthy and dangerous to democracy. Anticipating you getting nonsensical about republics, our Republic protected actual human slavery, let's be clear eyed while looking backwards.

For a cleareyed instance, note that the founding ideas of the Republic -- written where we can still read them today, into the bargain -- sowed the seeds of slavery's demise. Frederick Douglass -- who has one fewer statue now than once he did, thanks to iconoclastic morons with *no* history -- believed this, and was actuated by this belief.

Read. The Federalist Papers are a good choice, and too neglected nowadays.

Urbane Guerrilla 08-31-2020 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 1056746)
Well, if it *were* a commitment to unregulated force, you'd have a point.

Where you'd stop with the regulation is another point needing examining.

And not yet getting that examination after this many days.

Griff 09-11-2020 07:07 AM

5th Biden sign stolen last night.

BigV 09-11-2020 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1057878)
5th Biden sign stolen last night.

Don't you have a game / trail camera?

But then what would you do with it after you caught it? I think the rule is you can't slaughter it if it has a name.

Clodfobble 09-11-2020 09:31 PM

I saw a video where someone electrified their Trump sign to prevent it from being stolen...

monster 09-11-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1057904)
I saw a video where someone electrified their Trump sign to prevent it from being stolen...

....so hoping someone does that and the straw-topped satsuma goes over to caress it......

Griff 09-12-2020 06:48 AM

I'm gonna put it up a tree.

There is a guy right on the border who to his misfortune has a billboard on the edge of his property. The Trumpets got the billboard so he hung a Biden banner next to his 'merica flag. The Biden banner was stolen off his front porch.

I guess it isn't just us, apparently it's all over rural PA. They aren't shooting us yet though.

sexobon 09-12-2020 07:42 AM

The Chinese would like to help you by providing affordable signage:

2020 Joe Biden for President Garden Flag 30*45cm yard lawn sign Hot

The ad says these signs are "Hot"; so, they could be selling yours back to you!

Griff 09-12-2020 11:44 AM

Thanks China! /s

xoxoxoBruce 09-13-2020 12:08 AM

I don't think the trail cam is a given without some hard thinking.
You may not want to know who it is.
Just be thankful there are closet Biden fans who cherish the banner but can't be seen buying one. ;)