The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Weekly Wagon Roll Call (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21453)

squirell nutkin 05-15-2010 09:04 PM

I'mma climb on the band wagon with all y'all. My bloodwork came back and everything was all good except my liver functions were all high. Despite not having had more than about two bottles of wine since November, when I unofficially hit the wagon.

So the doc told me not to drink for 6 weeks, which wouldn't have been a problem if he hadn't told me I couldn't. Nothing makes me want to do something more, than being told I can't. Even if I didn't want to in the first place.

So now I'm officially not drinking. Even after six weeks is up, I get the feeling that that won't be the end of it either.

Griff 05-16-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 656387)
:comfort:

Me - thirty days last tuesday. Again. Alcoholic math.

Thanks Bri, I need all the help I can get... It was supposed to get fucking easier at least in my head I thought that. Good work girl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 656534)
I'mma climb on the band wagon with all y'all. My bloodwork came back and everything was all good except my liver functions were all high. Despite not having had more than about two bottles of wine since November, when I unofficially hit the wagon.

So the doc told me not to drink for 6 weeks, which wouldn't have been a problem if he hadn't told me I couldn't. Nothing makes me want to do something more, than being told I can't. Even if I didn't want to in the first place.

So now I'm officially not drinking. Even after six weeks is up, I get the feeling that that won't be the end of it either.

That is some scary shit bro and I know that guy who wants to do mostly what people tell him not to.

Griff 05-30-2010 09:26 AM

Sober weirdness. I'm getting better at it but its still clumsy. We put a roof on my brother's house yesterday. Traditionally we'd all get tanked after so I just eased out after dinner, leaving the boozing to those qualified to handle it.

Trilby 05-30-2010 09:56 AM

good for you, Griff.

it's always better to wake up sober. Always.

Griff 05-30-2010 10:12 AM

Yeah, if I can focus on how I'll feel the next day, I'm golden.

Stormieweather 05-30-2010 11:22 AM

Nice non-alcoholic beer I found called Kaliber by Guiness. Delish!

On the non-drinking wagon 7 years, 1 year of non-smoking now too.

Rhianne 05-30-2010 03:17 PM

I was pleased with my efforts but after reading through this thread now feel quite pathetic in comparison to some folk here. In a couple of weeks time, on June 13th, it will be exactly a year since my last drink.

SamIam 05-30-2010 03:24 PM

Yay, Rhianne! Keep up the good work Squirrel and Griff and everyone else. I got my 1 year chip on May 10th. I hope I never ever again touch another drop.

Rhianne 05-30-2010 03:33 PM

Thank you Sam. On a separate but related (and more girly) note, I only press the bathroom scales down three-quarters as far as I did then too.

classicman 05-30-2010 04:25 PM

Great job all! Keep up the good work.

HungLikeJesus 05-30-2010 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhianne (Post 659518)
Thank you Sam. On a separate but related (and more girly) note, I only press the bathroom scales down three-quarters as far as I did then too.

That's due to Global Decrease in the Gravitational Constant (which will need to be addressed after Global Climate Change is sorted out).

limey 05-30-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 659534)
That's due to Global Decrease in the Gravitational Constant (which will need to be addressed after Global Climate Change is sorted out).

Can I get some of that over here, please?
And well done all you wagonners - keep it up, I'm cheering for you all!

HungLikeJesus 05-30-2010 07:16 PM

Yes, thanks to all wagoners - you're helping to keep prices down.

Griff 05-31-2010 06:58 AM

I worry that I'm causing unemployment in Scotland.

Well done Rhianne. Everyone has their own row to hoe, comparing success across different lives doesn't seem useful.

GunMaster357 05-31-2010 07:54 AM

I used to smoke when I was a teenager between 12 and 16. Up to 2 packets/day of "Gauloises" (French brand, brown tobacco, no filter) by the end.

Then I began to think that my time doing laps in the pool sucked. So I stopped drastically. No cigs at all. And I got better.

On the evening of my 20th birthday, I was wishing for a smoke. And I thought : To hell with that, I'll be twenty only once, go for a cigar.

I cannot say that I'm addicted to cigar, but I indulge once in a while (8 or 10 times a year) and they're big (Churchill size).

As for the booze, I had a few episodes as a youth where I went on a binge session. Now, I'm out of that. I still indulge, but I drink a lot less and a lot more better. From Jhonn y Walker Red (2 bottles/night every week end) to Balvenie Cuban Wood, my current favorite (half a glass every 2 or 3 weeks).

On the drug front, never did it. And I never had that desire. Unless you consider girls as a drug :)