The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cellar Meta (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Resetting my mindset about some dwellers. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24935)

morethanpretty 04-17-2011 09:32 PM

Resetting my mindset about some dwellers.

I just want to apologize for my former not-so-good-opinion about certain posters. I probably judged too harshly and with very little to no real evidence that they were dumb/mean/ridiculous. I'm not sure if I should name names, that might make things worse.

I hope to start fresh and try to read their posts without my personal bias about them getting in the way.

That is all.

Flint 04-17-2011 10:02 PM

Nobody liked me when I joined here, but I didn't let it hurt my feelings. I think Elspode was the only person who even said "give him a chance" before many others starting calling to ban me outright. This is all true, you can look it up. It is what I refer to as "in the past" ...

lookout123 04-17-2011 10:24 PM

I'm still waiting for you to be banned.

footfootfoot 04-17-2011 10:29 PM

I accept your apology and take back all that shit I said about you.

sexobon 04-17-2011 10:38 PM

She's just after the make-up sex.

morethanpretty 04-17-2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 723801)
Nobody liked me when I joined here, but I didn't let it hurt my feelings. I think Elspode was the only person who even said "give him a chance" before many others starting calling to ban me outright. This is all true, you can look it up. It is what I refer to as "in the past" ...

Hmm, thats harsh. :( I honestly don't see why, but that may be because I see everything you post in a humorous light. That might be wrong on my part. I'm not saying you're silly and I don't take you seriously...I just don't take you too seriously.

morethanpretty 04-17-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 723813)
She's just after the make-up sex.

I know you're making a joke, but my goal is kinda selfish. I think my not-so-nice opinions hurt me worse than any of the people they are directed at. I'm the one who gets angry/upset when I read their posts. Its my problem, not theirs. I am doing this more to make myself feel better, I guess. Although, I also hope it helps others.

Flint 04-17-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethanpretty (Post 723814)
I honestly don't see why, but that may be because I see everything you post in a humorous light.

It was my fault. I arrived as a part of a two-person strikeforce whose M.O. was to create massive amounts of consternation. Not with any bad intentions, mind you. Just for amusement's sake. I came from a board where we liked to get the posts firing off more quickly as folks jumped on the manuafctured controversy bandwagon.

I wasn't surprised at the reaction (it was what I hoped for) but I was surpised at what at the quality and richness of content in this community. So I stuck around for five years and running.

In short, I chilled out a little, in order to make a better fit. I've never actually admitted that until just now.

monster 04-17-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 723818)
In short, I chilled out a little, in order to make a better fit. I've never actually admitted that until just now.

Whereas I came from a nice board and went the other way

#thismomentbroughttoyoubychoosethedarkside.org

Flint 04-17-2011 10:57 PM

Fuck a nice board.

monster 04-17-2011 11:27 PM

won't I get splinters?

morethanpretty 04-18-2011 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 723820)
Fuck a nice board.

Yeah, why have a nice board when you have a board of trolls?

monster 04-18-2011 12:25 AM

maybe he didn't mean it that way....maybe nice-board posters are easy?

Spexxvet 04-18-2011 08:09 AM

The sexist pig spelled broad wrong.:cool:

Flint 04-18-2011 09:23 AM

"Nice" is bullshit. I want HONEST. Why bother with anything less?