The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Manchester blast (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32811)

DanaC 06-11-2017 08:00 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40236828

sexobon 06-11-2017 10:07 AM

Since you clearly have no intention of fighting your attackers, you're just going to have to outsmart them (*shudder*). All British citizens shall have to wear fake explosive belts to confuse the terrorists. There's additional benefit in growing accustomed to seeing the belts. Citizens won't panic so they'll be better able to run, hide and tell.

I do hope you realize "run, hide and tell" feeds terrorists' egos. You have to psych them out by saying "execute tactical withdrawal" otherwise they'll just think you want to play hide and seek with them.

Yes, yes, that's it. Wear fake explosive belts and execute tactical withdrawals. The strategic principle being that when faced with a wolf in sheep's clothing, be a sheep in wolf's clothing. I should write a book: Counterterrorism for British Civilians.

xoxoxoBruce 06-11-2017 10:18 AM

The minority in the fuel supply is the 8 dead people were 1 Canadian, 2 Australians, 1 Londoner, 4 Frenchmen, and 1 Spaniard. :eyebrow:

sexobon 06-11-2017 10:26 AM

You make a point that why should Londoners do anything if it's mostly a bunch of furriners who are going to get aced.

DanaC 06-11-2017 10:37 AM

I'm kinda done with this conversation.

sexobon 06-11-2017 11:59 AM

If it's of any consolation, the simple majority here would agree with the way you're doing things. Of course, their leadership got shitcanned in the last presidential election. The framers of our constitution knew that a simple majority will often take the easy way out for themselves; so, we have built in safeguards. But hey, if it works for you, more power to you as long as you're all playing on a level field. It's just not my cup of tea.

DanaC 06-11-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 990534)
If it's of any consolation, the simple majority here would agree with the way you're doing things. Of course, their leadership got shitcanned in the last presidential election. The framers of our constitution knew that a simple majority will often take the easy way out for themselves; so, we have built in safeguards. But hey, if it works for you, more power to you as long as you're all playing on a level field. It's just not my cup of tea.

So if it's any consolation you think many of your own people are pathetic cowardly sheep like ours?

Get fucked sexobon.

sexobon 06-11-2017 12:32 PM

Most certainly.

&

You sweet talker, you.

Gravdigr 06-12-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 990536)
So if it's any consolation you think many of your own people are pathetic cowardly sheep like ours?

Well, many of our people are pathetic, cowardly sheep.

I don't know if they're like yours, or not...They speak differently, for one thing.;)

classicman 06-13-2017 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh wait. Citizens aren't allowed to be armed there... never mind.

DanaC 06-13-2017 04:40 PM

Wow, that's in poor taste.

DanaC 06-13-2017 04:46 PM

You know I don't get offended much - I'm not a special fucking snowflake- I certainly don't take things personally in here when dwellars have a dig, because that's what we do - but on this occasion: fuck the lot of y'alls.

classicman 06-13-2017 05:33 PM

Sorry, I was aiming in another direction. Wasn't meant to offend. Seemed more like a summation of the recent posts in this thread.

DanaC 06-13-2017 05:41 PM

'S ok. I totally over reacted.

DanaC 06-16-2017 03:37 PM

Can't recall if I posted this already, but can't be arsed looking :P

I went looking for a Last Leg piece on today's remembrances of Jo Cox, the labour MP who was killed by a politically motivated nutjob as she left her constituency surgery - (The theme of the show is Reunited Britain - choose love) it's not on youtube yet, but I came across this that made me smile. From shortly after the Manchester bombing)