The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What show are you buzzing on at the moment? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29049)

it 09-16-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 939257)
It's too small to read.

Get on your knees and have a closer look ;)

Zathris 09-16-2015 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 939256)
Mods: I know you want to touch it and do your thing, but come on... I am already Jewish.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58896743.jpg

it 09-16-2015 09:11 PM

They prefer to not have their server space occupied by overweight hard drive consuming photo's, and would under normal circumstances probably have deleted it and replaced it with a link. Under these circumstances, such actions would have had... Unfortunate implications.

Zathris 09-16-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traceur (Post 939299)
They prefer to not have their server space occupied by overweight hard drive consuming photo's, and would under normal circumstances probably have deleted it and replaced it with a link. Under these circumstances, such actions would have had... Unfortunate implications.

I used image tags, asshole!

Also, if UnderToad does like images uploaded to his server, I'd like to hear it from him.

it 09-17-2015 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zathris (Post 939302)
I used image tags, asshole!

Also, if UnderToad does like images uploaded to his server, I'd like to hear it from him.

I wasn't complaining about your image, that's normal meme sized, and frankly I am not even sure how I would bring myself to care about something like that - for me it's not the size of the image, it's how it stimulates me once it penetrates my... My eyes.

I was just explaining about why I wrote the disclaimer for the mods in the big long (but too small to read) movie list image I posted earlier. The one you quoted and said didn't make sense.

Undertoad 09-17-2015 06:51 AM

It's 2015 and that means, no matter what size, images are always small. Video is huge. Do not upload video at this time. If we want private video I can make arrangements for it. Thank you.

Zathris 09-17-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 939327)
It's 2015 and that means, no matter what size, images are always small. Video is huge. Do not upload video at this time. If we want private video I can make arrangements for it. Thank you.

Thank you. :)

Sundae 10-26-2015 07:29 AM

OMG.

You, Me and the Apocalypse
It's just so good. It's so well plotted, in that things are seeded then start to bear fruit. It's so well cast. It's a drama, but it's funny. It's occasionally shocking. It's lighter than Utopia, not as rude as Misfits, but it succeeds equally as well as both those shows in what it sets out to do.

Absolutely obsessed by it.
I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. Then I can properly look out for foreshadowing. It's only four episodes in, so far, so this will be a while. In the mean time there's always fan sites to check out. Which means I have to go and cheat on you now, so that I can find some.

DanaC 10-26-2015 12:38 PM

Sounds awesome. I've been thinking of giving it a go. Your recommendation tips the scales.

Sundae 11-06-2015 05:35 AM

I hope you're watching it Dana.
Or intend to gorge on it at some point. It really is very good.

No point in me posting spoilers as no-one else seems to be watching it and I really don't want to clue you in. It gets more complex as you go through, and things are revealed that if you have invested in the characters will make you go, "WOAH!"

I like anyway.
Very much.
Hope the DVD is out in time for Christmas. I'll ask my bro for it, if it is.

DanaC 11-06-2015 10:53 AM

Once my current Evil Dead/ Bruce Campbell obsession has died down to managable proportions I'mma binge watch it.

Griff 11-26-2015 07:13 AM

I just started watching the Great British Baking Show. Unbelievably engaging.

glatt 11-26-2015 08:50 AM

Oh man. Be careful with that one. Very addictive mindless TV. Perfect for unwinding when you don't want to have to think at all. And completely inoffensive. We watch it a lot these days.

DanaC 11-26-2015 09:09 AM

That show is fucking ridiculous. It shouldn't make for good television. On paper it sounds like the least interesting show on tv (after live fishing). Baking is not a spectator sport. Yet somehow once you start watching it, it's riveting.

I like that it is a gentler pace then most tv contests. And has a nice atmosphere.

Gravdigr 11-26-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 946497)
...sounds like the least interesting show on tv (after live fishing)...

I can top fishing shows for uninteresting. Twice.

Momdigr watches a show called Sewing With Nancy. Yep, sit there and watch someone sew. I'm sure there are probably people that find it riveting entertainment. I am not one of those people.

And, even more boring than watching people fish, there is a show (at least there used to be) where all they (an old man, and, an old woman) do is take turns tying flies. No, not house flies, that would actually be interesting, for a while, but, fishing flies. One of them would tie a certain fly pattern, and then, the other would tie the same pattern, only with one, out of like ten, different color thread/string/fly-tying substance.

I watched an entire thirty minute (PBS minutes, so, it was only like 22 minutes) episode once. I went insane three different times.